Sony VS Fuji Mirrorless Comparison

Like all sony stuff it is great if you can live with a few idiot thing that work against it.
Oh, so true.

Oh, and all those small versions of the usb connector they "invented" and make that interface a cable nightmare.
Just like Apple and people still seem to love Apple :rolleyes:

The NEX series isn't more than bars of soap. Too small to be of any use. I get cramps when I try to use my NEX3.
The original NEX 3 had a terrible grip, they improved on that with later versions, my NEX F3 has a great grip. The 5 never was a soap bar, it has a decent grip, even if some people still find it a bit small.
One tip with your 3: use it two handed - your left hand to hold the camera by the lens and your right hand to use the controls. It isn't ideal, but it stops cramping!

And acid when I try to use its menus.
I don't mind the menu system of the early NEX's, but a lot of people did and they changed that in more recent cameras. So, they've solved that for you.

Battery flat in no time, hours to charge it, cord on the charger to short to put it on the table.
I have no problem with the battery live, it is comparable to the competition: CIPA rating for the A6000 is 420, for the Fuji X-T1 is 350, for the Olympus OM-D E-M5 II it is 310 and for your NEX 3 is 330. DSLR's are better, with the CIPA rating for the Nion D7200 being 1110. Just carry an extra battery.
The power cord in continental Europe is a standard removable cable, just use one from something else if you find it is too short.

Sony for sure isn't flawless and maybe they should offer both compressed and uncompressed RAW's - but some gripes are unwarranted. And yes, it seems I'm a fanboy :eek:

I have both the A7r and Fuji XT-1. The Fuji is great. I have no complaints.
But I usually carry the A7r. The higher resolution allows me to crop tremendously and leave long telephotos at home.
However, if it looks like rain, I take the XT-1 and the 18-135mm lens.

I once held an X-Pro1, wow, it is huge, heavy and no grip to hold. Compared to my NEX 5 and NEX F3 it felt like a brick, not brick like, but a brick. It might be great in use, but at first it felt like a useless brick. Seeing that camera I find it weird that some people complain 'bout the Sony A7 being too big - the Sony A6000 is considerably smaller and lighter then the Fuji X-Pro1 and X-T1.

I borrowed an X-Pro1 for an afternoon and also disliked the size/weight (450g) of the camera. I think that Fuji was going for a digital version of an expensive RF camera and I think they hit the mark for the most part so I would guess form factor is a plus for them. I liked the output and the controls seemed more film camera like than any digital I'd ever used.

Since I'd been using DSLRs and was mostly interested in something with a small form factor I tried and purchased the a6000 that could use legacy lenses. I really liked the output, especially the in-camera b&w, and found the menu usage to be a minor issue since Sony improved it over previous cameras. The fast autofocus is great and the video output is unbelievable for a platform this size and cost. Weight is low at 344g.

My biggest complaint is the poor selection of jpg/raw choices but I'm hopeful that that will be updated. Sony has an update available now but I haven't had time to download it; I do hear the codec is expanded.

The NEX series isn't more than bars of soap. Too small to be of any use. I get cramps when I try to use my NEX3. And acid when I try to use its menus. Battery flat in no time, hours to charge it, cord on the charger to short to put it on the table.

Sorry to hear about your experience with DAT. And the Sony root kit on one or a couple of audio CDs was truly evil.

But, my experience with NEX was different from yours. I had a very good time with my NEX-5n, enough to propel me into the next Sony generation. For me, the Sony implementation of focus assist makes these the cameras I use for MF lenses.

Back