Steven K Lee former CEO of Leica, where is he now?

He is back in the United States. Apparently he and Leica settled his lawsuit around his dismissal and he is moving on.

What ever happened to Steven K Lee who was forced out as CEO of Leica in 2008 after he suggested that a full-frame digital RF was in the works?

Here is a contemporaneous report of his dismissal:

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/news/Leica_Camera_sacks_CEO_Steven_K_Lee_news_182225.html

He was forced out for his nonsense statements about the M8 being upgradeable forever. An man who was involved with Best Buy is well out of Leica before he did more damage. The culture of Best Consumer trash and Leica's heritage and craftsmanship don't mix.

Clearly he is responsible for leading most of the S2 and M9 developments and the necessary/successful collaboration with Kodak.

I would guess the development cycle for M9 and S2 was around 3 years, including 18 months or so for the sensors, early in the cycle. The Summilux lenses released at Photokina at least 2 years. He was at Leica from Sep 06 to Feb 08.

what i find interesting is his linked in profile shows Leica president until june 2009. i'm wondering if this is a lie or he is permitted to represent he was with leica until june of this year as a part of the settlement...inquiring minds want to know.

Back