Stolen Hasselblad Kit - please keep an eye out.

lcpr

Well-known
Local time
6:38 AM
Hello,

My Hasselblad kit was stolen from me yesterday in London, UK. If you can please take note of the details/serial numbers in case it shows up please let me know. Please see below:
Hasselblad 503cx, Chrome, RR1417750

Hasselblad PM finder (non-metered)

Carl Zeiss 80mm Planar CB, serial 8851096

A12 Back, Type IV, 30EE17296, Chrome

A12 Back, Type III, Chrome, attached to camera

Artisan and Artist camera strap, black and red

Acute Matte D Screen, split prism w/grid

Billingham 207 bag in black

Metropolitan police crime ref: 4923587/21

Please PM me if anyone here manages to see a 503cx kit for sale anywhere. I've informed local pawnshops, camerastores and buy/sell groups on Facebook, as well as set up searches on FB marketplace, eBay, and Gumtree.

Thanks,

Lloyd

What a bummer! How was it stolen? I hope that you get it all back.

I was getting into my van about to head off, so I put my bag on the passenger seat and a white Audi saloon pulled up next to me, a guy jumped out and yanked the door open (doors don't automatically lock until I start driving), grabbed the bag and jumped into the getaway car.

Sure sounds like you were cased to me. How else would they know something worth while was in the bag?
Sorry to hear about this.

Seems as if they have been watching you use your Hasselblad and they came to rob you. Do you do weddings?

Sure sounds like you were cased to me. How else would they know something worth while was in the bag?
Sorry to hear about this.

Seems as if they have been watching you use your Hasselblad and they came to rob you. Do you do weddings?

No, I hadn't taken my camera out of my bag at all. Don't do weddings either.

I was running errands for my family's grocery (picking up supplies for the weekend) and according to the owners of the store I frequent the area is a target for grab and run attacks since its a cash and carry type of place. One lady had £2000 stolen from her in the same way.

In England they will steal anything they can get their hands on. Scooter crime is rampant over there. In Liverpool the bosses sister used to go and collect the previous days takings from our stores, put them into her shoulder bag. One day she was sitting at a zebra crossing, the stupid woman had opened the windows, it was summertime. A youth leant in and grabbed the bag and off he went with twelve stores takings.
Simply put when in England and other European countries, treat everyone as a potential criminal, especially when in England.

No, I hadn't taken my camera out of my bag at all. Don't do weddings either.

I was running errands for my family's grocery (picking up supplies for the weekend) and according to the owners of the store I frequent the area is a target for grab and run attacks since its a cash and carry type of place. One lady had £2000 stolen from her in the same way.

This is unfortunate indeed.

After reading your account I guessed London. (I’d forgotten the original post.) Me stuffing my Leica M4 and 50 Summilux under camping gear filling the back of my car was clearly observed by professionals. No door locks on my return from a night walk with a no photography rule, Victoria Australia. 1986. Still hurts.

Good luck. London is all CCTV.

After reading your account I guessed London. (I’d forgotten the original post.) Me stuffing my Leica M4 and 50 Summilux under camping gear filling the back of my car was clearly observed by professionals. No door locks on my return from a night walk with a no photography rule, Victoria Australia. 1986. Still hurts.

Good luck. London is all CCTV.

Your rule, or the city's rule?

This and other posts is a good reminder to keep our car doors locked!

I made it a habit to lock the car doors of my car when we drive in areas where our car must stop for some time in the street, while there are many strangers roaming around us. I unlock the car doors after we arrive home. The other cars lock automatically once we drive over 20 mph or so. I started this habit after I read here a few years ago about a member whose camera equipment was stolen from his car (in UK).

Sorry this happened to you. I hope you can get some closure.

I always practice situational awareness - when I'm out and about and even at home and about my property. Helps also to have some self-defense skills under your belt in case a situation gets physical.

Back