Tamron lenses in FSU SLRs with M39

robertofollia

Established
Local time
12:11 AM
Dear all,
Even though the post belongs more in the SLRs section, I posted here as this mount is exclusive to some FSU SLRs, no one else uses it
I've managed to find someone who produces an adaptor from adaptall-2 to M39x1 (the weird mount used in Zenit 1, Zenit-C, up to Zenit 3 and some E) up to 1968.
The lenses available for these cameras are superb. There are adapting rings to use these lenses in M42 cameras, but..... if you wish to use a modern lens in them, not possible.
I had wanted to take my trusty Zenit 3m with me on holiday. The industar 50mm 3,5 is great but wanted to fit a zoom. Had the Tamron 28-70 plastic one. but no way to fit that to the camera.
Look at the mount and the result. Fitting is perfect and close and infinity focusing as well

and the unit fitted

The quality, fit and finish are perfect. I am very pleased
I think I found the maker in this forum. Rafcamera

Best regards

This would also be useful for the Focoslide; I've used an M39 Helios-44 natively on that contraption and it works surprisingly well.

I guess you could also use them via scale focus on an LTM camera with the right extension tube?
Yes, it's possible with no problem. Provided the flange distance is correct no problem for scale fousing. But if it's a Leica, Zorki or Fed you can request rafcamera to build the adaptor. Maybe it turns out cheaper than buying the 1st adaptor +tubes
Best regards

Back