Tell me we don't need this!

Jamie Pillers

Skeptic
Local time
7:42 PM
OK people, listen up. I'm not sure if it originated here, but the acronymn "GAS" has served us well here at RFF. We can use it to explain all our midnight love trysts in the classifieds, all the broken hearts after the one-night stands, and all of that lovely black-painted brass hidden just out of the wife's view.

But I believe we have another ugly hidden secret amongst us. You know what I mean... taking that beautiful F or M or R or P body down off the shelf; the body that hasn't seen film in weeks, months,... or EVER! And cranking those smooth as silk brass gears a few times, listening to that oh-so-lovely shutter, peering through that better-than-reality viewfinder, imagining all the gorgeous images its going to create... some day.

So I'm thinking we need a new acronym, something to give, well.. acceptance of this behavior. I think FUCS might do. Fondling Unused Cameras Syndrome. Any other ideas?

Tactile Obsessive Optical Lust Syndrome : T.O.O.L.S

...Not that I know anything about it....

/Meakin

How about MSS ..... monkey spanking syndrome!

:D

I can't quite put my finger on it.....but I am really getting the feeling that somebody's relationship with his camera's exist on a totally different level than mine.......;)

/Meakin

I'd like to know who can claim credit for coining GAS

I think it was coined by some guitar magazine years ago. It was originally "Guitar Acquisition Syndrome" - But later changed to "Gear Acquisition Syndrome".

Though this is pure speculation.

Back