the fuji 35/2...have you looked at the images?

back alley

IMAGES
Local time
2:45 PM
when i got my new xe2 i put the 35/2 lens on it and started to play...mostly taking shots from my big chair in the living room...no art, just shots from checking how fast it focused, how the spot metering worked etc.
the other night i put the sd card into my mac to look a bit closer at the pics...and i was struck by some of them, they looked great!

so, today i spent some time looking at the pics on flickr that were made with the 35/2...some of the black & white, evening, higher contrast, group of people shots looked fantastic...almost alive, 3d quality...

has anyone else noticed this?

Finding it hard to search just for this lens
From what I see, the beautiful Fuji colors are there
Both the 2.0 and 1.4 have a nice look especially when
The subject is reasonably close and the background is blurred
I'm not sure if this is different than similar setups
But I must say the GAS bug is starting to talk to me

35/2 is just like all the other fujinons. Except it focuses superfast ;)

Pretty much the best lineup of glass for any aps-c system. Across the board excellence

Finding it hard to search just for this lens
From what I see, the beautiful Fuji colors are there
Both the 2.0 and 1.4 have a nice look especially when
The subject is reasonably close and the background is blurred
I'm not sure if this is different than similar setups
But I must say the GAS bug is starting to talk to me

go to flickr, search for fuji 35/2 under groups...

as best I can tell there's 3 groups, lots of unedited postings (10 shots of the same subjects) flickr groups are kind of a swamp
people should edit...

after looking at the images - I'm not sure the lens is magical, it is nice for sure,
fuji colors are great as expected.

the posts I liked the most and that had the 3D feeling , were mostly portraits

here's the groups

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2769777@N21/

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2928688@N23/

https://www.flickr.com/groups/2869378@N20/

here's some of my favorites:

Cold by Enric Fradera, on Flickr

Look at me, Alice!!! by Fabio Mancini, on Flickr

_DSF3940 by Andrew Lister, on Flickr

This last one, for comparison purposes - is from my X100T ( 23mm/F2.0)
(you can see that drinking coffee is a good way to get photographed )

Coffee - Paris by Marc R, on Flickr

What Helen said.

The AF is amazing on this lens. really, really quiet and fast.

A shot from the Xpro2.

24926397014_5b3cb693b8_b.jpg

Alright, I just caved and ordered one. I had planned to stick with the 1.4, but the prospect of faster focus on the X-Pro1 got the better of me. I'll try and compare anyway.

Incidentally, I routinely order gear using Amazon Prime, but Amazon just started charging sales tax to IL residents. $27.00. I guess I'm now a B&H customer.

John

Sometimes though, Amazon Prime offers free same day delivery and no tax
I think it depends on what they sell and whether it is nominally from Amazon or one of their vendors. I've received same day delivery from them (Chicago) with no sales tax

Actually, about a week ago, I ordered at 12:20 a.m. and received the package at 10:00 a.m.

The future is here.

this thread is making me want a 35/2 and X-Pro2 , trying to be strong, since I currently have approx sufficient cameras to equip each finger

Alright, I just caved and ordered one. I had planned to stick with the 1.4, but the prospect of faster focus on the X-Pro1 got the better of me. I'll try and compare anyway.

Incidentally, I routinely order gear using Amazon Prime, but Amazon just started charging sales tax to IL residents. $27.00. I guess I'm now a B&H customer.

John

oh Hello 'Shab'

I have No Issues with focusing
i do Both manual & auto

I am more Anazed at nailing it without any real effort :eek:
Effortless really...
i put more effort into Focusing my RF~M6
than the Xe1 & 35.... crazy, lol !

Thank you very much Helen!

Merelyok, GREAT portrait! Congrats!

how are you liking the new xpro2?

I like it a lot so far. I used it for two solid outings and it felt almost as transparent / comfortable as the Df I've been using for the last year plus. I guess what I want to say is it just works... no complaints so far. Images look really good. Unmistakably Fuji in its IQ (its non-bayer sensor) for better or worse. I like the look and with the 35mm at f/4... I'm getting some results I really like. All apertures are fine, but I think f/4 might be this lens' sweet spot. And don't usually care about that crap with lenses.

I like it a lot so far. I used it for two solid outings and it felt almost as transparent / comfortable as the Df I've been using for the last year plus. I guess what I want to say is it just works... no complaints so far. Images looks really good. Unmistakably Fuji style in its IQ and its non-bayer sensor for better or worse. I like the look and with the 35mm at f/4... I'm getting some results I really like. All apertures are fine, but I think f/4 might be this lens' sweet spot. And don't usually care about that crap with lenses.

this does not bode well for me...

Back