The RFF Salon Mega thread!

?

_

Post deleted by author request.

Last edited by a moderator:
Young Musician

Young Musician

OK, I'll give it a try. Let's start with this one taken with a ZM and 35mm.

Attachments

• BW Scans23.JPG
    BW Scans23.JPG
    220.4 KB · Views: 0
Ok Marc, it's not good but it's a picture ...
Ciao

Attachments

• Trumpet-in-the-metro.jpg
    Trumpet-in-the-metro.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Music? Ay mi madre!

Scan-070323-0009.JPG

Sunset Avenue life and accoustic in The Loft in Bremen

Ilford Delta3200 @1280, Contax G2 35planar at f2 1/30th.

"Great Big Sea" at the Warner Theater, Washington DC

Attachments

• gbs2.jpg
    gbs2.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0
Cool shots guys!
Marc
PS: There are a lot of pictures about the world of music in the gallery, I don't fully understand why there are not more pictures in this thread.

choir practice & a fiddler (the rest of the little orchestra is on he left)
sinetsin

Attachments

• 34_1.jpg
    34_1.jpg
    298.4 KB · Views: 0
i have not taken a musician photo since..ages. I have to think about a different interpretation to qualify with something.

Winner of the Month: Kanoot

Winner of the Month: Kanoot

All great pictures this month; I won't comment all of them though I have a lot of things to say.
Decision process: first I selected three pictures: Kanoot, Sinestin and Robert blu's pictures as they show deep passion for music. Then I had the uneasy job to select only one. I've been hesitating a long time between Kanoot and Robert Blu's interpretation. On one hand, Robert composed a wonderful picture with the opposition of the grand architecture and the lonely guitarist playing for the sake of music. On the other hand, Kanoot's picture focuses only on the musician and her instrument, with no "disturbing" feature; in his dark composition, light is music.
Though it's a very tough decision I chose Kanoot's picture.

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks Marc. This is very flattering.

That show was the first time I tried my M8 out in those conditions. I have been shooting musicians for many many years with high-iso film and red-dotted cameras and really didn't know if the M8 would perform the way I like. It exceeded my expectations - very pleasing.

I'm really glad you like the results!

Here's my music contribution...Quinn Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church, Frederick, Maryland.

Sorry if I'm a little late.....

Attachments

• QuinnChapel2.jpg
    QuinnChapel2.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 0
Back