The ultimate Bokeh thread; pics please

I don’t see it. I don’t see Bokeh in these pictures. I see an out of focus background. I see a wide open lens focused on the subject. I see out of focus behind. I don’t see art in that. My brain tells me it’s an out of focus background. Sorry.

I don’t see it. I don’t see Bokeh in these pictures. I see an out of focus background. I see a wide open lens focused on the subject. I see out of focus behind. I don’t see art in that. My brain tells me it’s an out of focus background. Sorry.

No on said you had to see "art", just bokeh. Is it over used? probably. When it is used, it is nice to see how different optics render it, and I think that is the purpose of this thread. Some of the images have artistic merit, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bokeh

bokeh (/ˈboʊkə/ BOH-kə or /ˈboʊkeɪ/ BOH-kay;[1] Japanese: [boke]) is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens.[2][3][4]

Sigma Sd Quattro H
Sigma 105mm f2.8 EX DG Macro lens
Yokohama, Japan

SDIM5268.jpg

SDIM5261.jpg

SDIM5233.jpg

All the best,
Mike

Hi, I'm new to RFF and thought I would post some "extreme" bokeh. Starting with a bang, here are some images from a Dallmeyer Super Six Anastigmat 8 inch f2.0. This is a monster classic asymmetric double gauss lens 6/4, that covers 6x9 inches. The best I can do is to use it on FF. Super Sixes are famous for their characteristic bokeh, and the 8 inch is no exception. I'm inserting a link from my website gallery. If there is a way to insert pictures directly here please clue me in. Uploading a file from computer gives me only thumbnails.

Am trying to post inline, a few images taken with a Dallmeyer Super Six 8" f2.0 Anastigmat. For me it seems to work to simply copy the image from my website gallery and paste :)

DSC7449.jpg

DSC7548.jpg

So now that I know how to post pix, I will post one more lens, this time a Ross 1 inch f1.9 cine C-mount lens, covering APS-C

DSC00519.jpg

DSC00430.jpg

DSC2046.jpg

Absolutly like your photos and your website.
The pictures made with the Canon 0.95 are amazing. I would never have thought the outcome would be so pictorial. And the light scapes from the beach are classics too. I expect to see them in a museum of photography. [I transferred a hint to the such to the FM in Rotterdam]
The series are great, and show the way a consistent pictorial excellence is achieved by you.

Back