Topcor 50mm f3.5 ltm lens

moonwrack

Local time
11:46 AM
I've just acquired a Topcor 5cm f3.5 lens - the rigid version with fluted barrel - and early tests show that it is impressively sharp and contrasty. (I have been a fan of Topcor lenses since I had a Super DM outfit in the Seventies and have rediscovered them in the form of earlier ltm versions, initially with a 50mm f2). There is virtually no information available about this particular lens and I am wondering whether anyone on this forum has any experience/views.

My collection includes the 3.5cm/2.8, 5cm/F2.8, 5cm/F2(Black),5cm/F1.8, 9cm/F3.5,13.5cm/F3.5 and my latest, the Panda version of the 5CM/F2.
I have not found a need to go to a F/3.5 lens, but would be very interested in finding what anyone might think about this version?
These Topcors are some of my favorite lenses, mounted on various Leotax bodies I have acquired throughout the years. It's about a complete collection of the two brands I have sought after. Once had a 5cm/F1.5 Topcor early on but didn't find a tremendous need for it after acquiring the 5cm/F2(Black) lens, and thought I did really well selling for $650. Now these lenses go for sometimes three times that, so like many things camera collection related.... depending on trends as to what's hot and what's not, selling rare items is a crapshoot.

Back