Video - Reliable mobile internet solution for DSLR live broadcasting a wedding?

haring

Established
Local time
5:04 AM
I am going to shoot a wedding. There will be activities where there will be no wifi.

Question: how can i provide myself reliable high speed wifi for broadcasting the wedding via youtube?

I usually use OBS installed on my laptop and feed video from my Canon camera into my laptop. I feed sound through wireless microphone into the laptop. OBS does the rest.

I would like to use a DSLR or mirrorless mounted on the top of a monopod or tripod. I would like to move it around as people move around.

Any advice? How should I do it?

Thanks so much!

When i do remote radio broadcasts I use a Verzion mobile hot spot (Jetpack, 5GHz compatible ) that provides a 4G signal to the uplink device. I do not broadcast the SSID so the device remains invisible to anyone searching to connect to wifi. I go to the site well in advance and do speed tests in multiple locations to make sure i have a clean signal. Your bandwidth requirements are way more than mine but i don't have problems with consistent data streams lasting a few hours.

Thanks so much!!!
I think going there and test it is the best option.
I guess I need somebody to be with the camera.
I thought this would be easier to do.
So I have either cable wifi or network hotspot. The only way I find out whether the network is strong enough is to test.
Thanks so much!

I tried to do this last weekend. The signal didn't support upstream at all. I had one of the fastest data plan in the USA. It may work for some but didn't work for me. WiFi signal was able to support live stream but not the phone data plan.

Back