August, 2023 - Yokohama, Japan
Image is lower resolution than original​

Zou-no-hana​
DSC00896.jpg

Sony A7III, Voigtälnder 50mm f1.0 Nokton VM lens
Voigtländer VM-E Close Focus Adapter II

How does the Nokton 50mm f1 compare to the Nokton f1.1? I've always found the f1.1 to be an amazingly good lens. The picture below is taken at full aperture, is sharp until the corners (the extreme corners are unsharp) and and shows no distortion. It is also perfect for portraits. This shot is much sharper than the Yokohama shot above. (Maybe there is a focusing issue in the Yokohama shot.) In my shot is no vignetting. In the Yokohama shot there is a lot.

gelatin silver print (nokton 50mm f1.1 at f1.1) leica m5

Utrecht 2015

Erik.

1693083104545.png

Last edited:
Second floor lobby, Hotel New Grand Yokohama (Shot at f1.0)​
DSC00933.jpg

It might be helpful if the title of this thread is changed from "Voigtlander 50mm f/1 Nokton Images Thread"

To: Voigtlander 50mm f/1.0 Nokton Images Thread

Any Mods out there viewing this?

All the best,
Mike

My Voigtlander Nokton 50mm F1 is well marked, and is not "F1.0".

We've had comparison shots from other lenses mixed in, and Erik has cited his images as being from the Nokton 50/1.1. In my own thread on the Nokton, I mixed in images from the two lenses. And the Nokton 50/1.2. I kept all three. Each is unique.

Last edited:
Yokohama Foreign General Cemetery​
DSC01029.jpg

I've seen 4-5 images and a lot of point & shoot snaps that are a pass....

Whenever I see a judgmental snippet like this from a person I’m not familiar with… I check them out. Take a look at what kind of images they’ve shared with the RFF community. Get a feeling for what makes them worthy of judging others. So, that’s what I did. Nuff about that.

Now, in all fairness, I’ve been guilty of judging others' photography in the past. I’ve said some things that I now regret. I probably owe a few people an apology. In fact I know that I owe some people an apology for some of my comments.

So, here’s the thing, if you’re going to pass judgment on another person's photography, go into detail. No short comment like “I've seen 4-5 images and a lot of point & shoot snaps that are a pass....”. Make it a positive experience. Tell people how they can get better, or ask intelligent questions that lead people to think for themselves about how to get better. Negativity doesn't work… period.

Okay, I’m done with my little judgmental speech. It was just something that I felt strongly about putting out there.

All the best,
Mike

The first lens I used on the Nikon Z5 was the Canon 50/0.95. Looked at the images- hard to believe was the same lens used on the Canon 7, results that much sharper on Digital than on film. Then looked up typical emulsion thickness of color film: about the same as the depth of the image circle formed wide-open. The image on film from super-speed lenses will not be as sharp as using the same lens on digital.

Back