Voigtlander 50mm f/1 Nokton Images Thread

The sharpness is good.

Typical for digital pictures is that they have no border. The picture just suddenly stops. On digital I miss the border that we know from analog pictures.

The sharpness is good.

Typical for digital pictures is that they have no border. The picture just suddenly stops. On digital I miss the border that we know from analog pictures.
Yes .... I always added borders to my digital photographs at first but then stopped.
Can`t remember why but now you mention it I may just do that again.

"Fun" with the Voigtländer 50mm f1 Nokton lens
A gas street lamp in the Bashamichi district of Yokohama​
DSC03330.jpg

Sony A7III camera
Voigtländer 50mm f1 Nokton Aspherical VM lens
January 2024 - Yokohama, Japan​

The pictures I’m posting here were not posted for the purpose of being compared with images made by other people with a different or the same lens.

I’m posting images that I made using the Voigtländer 50mm f1 Nokton Aspherical VM lens because I like this lens and I enjoy sharing the photos that I made with it. That's what RFF is all about, yes?

Note: Read the title of this thread “Voigtlander 50mm f/1 Nokton Images Thread”.

If somebody wants to do a legitimate side by side comparison of any lenses that’s their business and it has nothing to do with me or my images.

All the best,
Mike

Last edited:
The pictures I’m posting here were not posted for the purpose of being compared with images made by other people with a different or the same lens.

I’m posting images that I made using the Voigtländer 50mm f1 Nokton Aspherical VM lens because I like this lens and I enjoy sharing the photos that I made with it. That's what RFF is all about, yes?

Note: Read the title of this thread “Voigtlander 50mm f/1 Nokton Images Thread”.

If somebody wants to do a legitimate side by side comparison of any lenses that’s their business and it has nothing to do with me or my images.

All the best,
Mike
I'm sorry, all the best too! My intentions are absolutely not personal, of course, but I think that everyone in a public forum is free to respond to the published photos in a decent, substantive way. Comparing images made with older or newer versions of comparable lenses is in my opinion very important.

Last edited:

I am NOT going to check yukosteel's instructions!
I am posting this link so that everyone can appreciate the incredible amount of work that goes into this lens.

I'm sorry, all the best too! My intentions are absolutely not personal, of course, but I think that everyone in a public forum is free to respond to the published photos in a decent, substantive way. Comparing images made with older or newer versions of comparable lenses is in my opinion very important.
This is a practice that has gone on at RFF for the Twenty Years that I have been here. The images are clearly marked.
I've certainly done this many times. We also get questions in "dedicated" image threads about how a lens compares with others.

The 4th Post in this thread was made with a 50/1.1 Nokton, by a different RFF member- here for 18 years.

Back