Voigtlander 50mm f/2.5 S Mount

Reviving an old thread .... I bought a used copy of the CV S-Skopar 50mm f/2.5 to use it with either my Nikon S2 or adapted with my Nikon Zf. My adapter is an Amedeo S-mount to LTM mount, an older version with the knurled mounting ring. I have already successfully tested my S-mount W-Nikkors 35mm f/2.5 and 28mm f/3.5 with this adapter and they mount and operate flawlessly. However, to my surprise the S-Skopar cannot be mounted on the Amedeo adapter. I can push the lens onto the adapter but cannot turn it the slightest amount to lock it. The same lens mounts and operates on my Nikon S2 fine, though.

Mt question has anybody here ever experienced that kind of problem with his S-mount lenses/Amedeo adapters and knows a fix for it?

Reviving an old thread .... I bought a used copy of the CV S-Skopar 50mm f/2.5 to use it with either my Nikon S2 or adapted with my Nikon Zf. My adapter is an Amedeo S-mount to LTM mount, an older version with the knurled mounting ring. I have already successfully tested my S-mount W-Nikkors 35mm f/2.5 and 28mm f/3.5 with this adapter and they mount and operate flawlessly. However, to my surprise the S-Skopar cannot be mounted on the Amedeo adapter. I can push the lens onto the adapter but cannot turn it the slightest amount to lock it. The same lens mounts and operates on my Nikon S2 fine, though.

Mt question has anybody here ever experienced that kind of problem with his S-mount lenses/Amedeo adapters and knows a fix for it?
This is mentioned in this thread along with a fix. Start at post #14.

This is mentioned in this thread along with a fix. Start at post #14.
I have read through this thread but don't see the fix. If I remember correctly, the modification Shintaro-san did was to fix the problem of the rear shroud hitting the RF cam follower in a Leica.

Yes, I have noticed the same issue. I thought it might be nice to shoot the S-mount Skopar 50 on a Leica M body using an Amedeo S-mount to M-mount adapter. Alas, I had the same problem that Gabor mentions: I could push the lens into the adapter but can turn to lock it. In the end, it doesn’t matter to me since I have the Skopar 50 in LTM mount.

Sidenote: when Amedeo Contax to LTM adapters came back in stock (they’re now sold out), I got one. Recently, I picked up a W-Nikkor C 35mm f2.5 lens in S-mount, and mounted it on the Contax to LTM adapter. Seems to work just fine. I’ll be testing it out in the coming weeks and will post pics. It’s a sharp optic.

I have read through this thread but don't see the fix. If I remember correctly, the modification Shintaro-san did was to fix the problem of the rear shroud hitting the RF cam follower in a Leica.
Post #17....
"i find that some lenses will not mate properly with the amedeos and if that happened i just pushed the cam from the inside to guide it into their slots."

Post #17....
"i find that some lenses will not mate properly with the amedeos and if that happened i just pushed the cam from the inside to guide it into their slots."
With the S mount to LTM not possible, I tried.

Back