Voigtlander Nokton Classic 28mm f1.5 ??

Archiver

Mentor
Local time
7:21 PM
Maybe I'm seeing things, or I witnessed a glitch in the Matrix, but I swear I saw an announcement for a new 28mm f1.5 Classic from Voigtlander. It was on their Instagram account, but the post is no longer there. Nor is it on their website, nor does a search give any results. There were multiple versions including black and chrome, as well as fluted focus ring or normal. What the heck is going on?

ADMIN EDIT

There are 4 versions of the M 28mm f/1.5 Nokton Aspherical

Lightweight Aluminum barrels black or silver at $999

Brass Black Paint or Silver at $1049

Thank goodness, I wasn't going crazy, haha. So it's the Vintage line. I really dig the focus ring grooves, just like the Zeiss ZM lenses. I can see this becoming my main 28mm.

Benj Haisch just posted his first impressions of this lens on YouTube.

It looks very promising, although the bokeh seems like a subjective thing. Not sure if I like the extra swirlyness at 1.01 and 1.13. But I'm excited to see what this lens can do under different conditions!

The new Voigtlander VM 28mm f/1.5 will be available this month in four different versions:

Aluminum Type I lens barrel in black or silver
Brass Type II lens barrel in black paint or silver

The Type I version is shown below mounted on Tom A's custom MP.

voigt 28 1.5 TA-1.jpg

Voigtlander's current VM 28's

28mm f/2 Ultron Black Paint over Brass, 28mm f/1.5 Type I Aluminum, 28mm f/2.8 Black Paint over Brass

voigt 28 1.5 3x 20.jpg

notice the 28mm f/1.5 is not that much larger than the small f/2 Ultron and f/2.8 Color Scopar !

keep an eye on the CameraQuest Shopping cart Voigtlander Leica M Mount lenses from the USA importer CameraQuest for the sales start

M 28mm f/1.5's shop.CameraQuest.com

Last edited:
Today, first time out. Test shot at f1.5 (SOOC)​
U69954.1710135655.0.jpg

Sony A7III camera
Voigtländer Nokton Vintage Line 28mm f1.5 Type II black paint lens
March 2024 - Yokohama, Japan​

Today, first time out. Test shot at f2 (SOOC)​
U69954.1710135708.0.jpg

Sony A7III camera

@Yokosuka_Mike Could you please post some images with fairly close subjects and foliage in the background, like a street object with trees/bushes in the back? The few samples I've seen of this type of image show a swirly bokeh with a touch of nervousness, and it would be good to know if this is common or not.

@Yokosuka_Mike Could you please post some images with fairly close subjects and foliage in the background, like a street object with trees/bushes in the back? The few samples I've seen of this type of image show a swirly bokeh with a touch of nervousness, and it would be good to know if this is common or not.

Archiver, there is a bush behind her [Nicky the statue] and to her left. I'll try and get something better next time I go out.

Today, first time out. Test shot at f1.5​
U69954.1710144232.0.jpg

Sony A7III camera

All the best,
Mike

Since the original Nokton (a 50mm) is sitting on a genuine Voigtländer Prominent camera on a shellf here, I take exception to calling a recent design "classic" although it may be much better than the original . It is rather like naming a newly built electric car with a Ford label "classic T" (after they had gone broke and the naming rights had been sold)

p.

First time out. Motomachi shopping street shot at f8​
U69954.1710191031.0.jpg

Sony A7III camera

Back