W/NW figurative symmetry

A couple from me:

p564062274-4.jpg

p710111557-4.jpg

Thank YOU Paul & Andreios....:)

would have Lobed the Polar Bear Club Shot to have been angled slightly Different....but that was the Best i could do with a 50...;)

Next series all shot within 10 minutes, took a walk around the block with an eye out for Figurative Symmetry.

FAIL: looking for a plane or bird to break it up, maybe someone's silhouette in the foreground - lost patience..
986765921_DsjNC-M.jpg

Color Symmetry
986766162_i5fdJ-L.jpg

Smoking Permitted
986766924_ezU68-L.jpg

986767239_KP6Js-L.jpg

986767657_9rc4q-L.jpg

986768299_HpcUn-L.jpg

These folks asked why I wanted their picture, and when I responded I was looking for Figurative Symmetry, they gave me a quizzical look and introduced me to their newborn child.

986769285_kHxqN-L.jpg

A crop of the bridge shows more figurative symmetry
986770161_KsLeZ-L.jpg

These folks asked why I wanted their picture, and when I responded I was looking for Figurative Symmetry, they gave me a quizzical look and introduced me to their newborn child.

That is SO cool!

Great shot BTW.

i always come into these chats late and by Page Three the topic has gone from tomatos to oil filters. but symmetry and compostition... where is the tension in symmetry? i had a painting teacher in art school in the 60s who said, 'symmetry is safe.' who wants to be safe? safe is the new beige.

i always come into these chats late and by Page Three the topic has gone from tomatos to oil filters. but symmetry and compostition... where is the tension in symmetry? i had a painting teacher in art school in the 60s who said, 'symmetry is safe.' who wants to be safe? safe is the new beige.

this thread is precisely about that kind of symmetry that produces tension. you might want to read the opening post.:)
also, symmetry is a no-no for loads of people, especially in photography. but it's not that simple, really. AND, symmetry is not = symmetry :D

Last edited:
Right, Simon.
That shot I posted of the the green framing on the side of a house trailer is as symmetrical as I could shoot it and crop it, keeping in mind the scraggly little forsythia shrub, shadows, and two vertical lines of rivets would provide tension ...

Nice scenes of Harrisburg, PA thanks for the memories!

Thanks je2a3, I shared a few shots from the same walk in a POST in the Bridges thread.

Phil, it was pretty cool. They were so proud, the gentleman on the right had the baby cradled in his arms coming up the steps. I shot downward at an angle parallel to the steps coming up.

Paulfish - true, Dragonflies are my favorite insect!

Here's another from that trip, taken on the way home, nothing too exciting as the gauges all read 'normal' status..
986773342_HYxwi-L.jpg

ahh, more dragonflies! Thanks.

To make up for the boring cockpit shot, here's one from Jazzfest in Montreal this summer. I like the bokeh on the figures at each end ~;)

944090403_oLVxX-L-1.jpg

Back