W/NW : Motorcycles

file-182.jpg

Those Triumph photos brought back memories. I used to privateer a 500 Trophy back in the sixties. Thanks, Gary.

Ted

Gary: those are fantastic bikes and nice shots of them. I was always scouring for an ARD mag like the one on the immaculate blue racer for my Bonnie...

The polished Norton racer and that little Ariel single are sublime. <sigh>

But, I'd give up all on this page for that SS 100, though I'd have a hard choice between it and an OHV model.

Guys, I hope you enjoyed looking at my old slides as much as I enjoyed showing them. I have run through the ones that I have already scanned. I have more slides that are not scanned. But, my granddaughter is with us for a week, so after spring break I'll hunt up some more to scan.

Gary

Gary's pix

Gary's pix

Gary--yes--I really enjoyed the pictures of the bikes.
Please do post some more, and thanks again!
Paul

Guys, I hope you enjoyed looking at my old slides as much as I enjoyed showing them. I have run through the ones that I have already scanned. I have more slides that are not scanned. But, my granddaughter is with us for a week, so after spring break I'll hunt up some more to scan.

Gary

Thanks for posting and I hope to see more! - Charlie

Front wheel of Suzuki Intruder 800. Speed Graphic 4x5, Harman Direct Positive FB print.

7004421803_eed0ac95af_z.jpg

They were closing a military base in California (circa 1951) and my buddy and I bought two army flat head 45s in crates for $300. "Are they new?" one of us asked. "Some are, some aren't," was the reply.

When got the crates home we flipped a coin to see who would get which crate. His was brand new; mine looked like it had been through the entire North African campaign, then shipped to Europe for the Italian campaign.

I'd probably still have it if I hadn't succumbed to the allure of a Tiger 100.

Back