W/NW The Romance of Sail: Sailing boats, yachts, dinghies and ships

I post again the Trofast which I was told means "trustworthy". This is very important in anything that floats. I had just gotten a Pearson 26 and ran across a fellow who had had one for 12 years. I asked him about his. "She'll always get you home" he said. The finest words to hear of anything that floats. I was sailing on San Francisco Bay where getting home has special import.

And here, again, is this lovely "Trustworthy" taken with an M9 + Cooke Amotal just at dawn. The bright thing by the mast is the yard light not the sun.

Trofast.jpg

Last edited:
I post again the Trofast which I was told means "trustworthy". This is very important in anything that floats. I had just gotten a Pearson 26 and ran across a fellow who had had one for 12 years. I asked him about his. "She'll always get you home" he said. The finest words to hear of anything that floats. I was sailing on San Francisco Bay where getting home has special import.

And here, again, is this lovely "Trustworthy" taken with an M9 + Cooke Amotal just at dawn. The bright thing by the mast is the yard light not the sun.

Very nice boat! I would just like to comment on the translation of the Norwegian word "trofast", the correct translation is faithful.

Very nice boat! I would just like to comment on the translation of the Norwegian word "trofast", the correct translation is faithful.

Another good reason to be on this board. There are so many people who know more than I do and are willing to share it. And you are right, it is a sweet one. I seem to have a weakness for boat tail sloops. Here is the final one, the ever lovely Iona. She had a new owner when I took this. And he was getting her shipshape to sail out into the Pacific and take a left. I wonder if he did. The hard part would be getting across the Columbia Bar. Anyway, here is Iona in reduced format with a link to her in a full image.

Iona.jpg

Just getting out into a rare sunny day and making my usual rounds. The Cassandra Anne is homeported here and from the nets I would guess she has been out for Hake AKA Whiting. This is not a high nutrition fish like cod and is often made into surimi the artificial King Crab that is commonly seen. Moored before the Cassandra Anne is the Great Northern, also homeported in Astoria, set for crabbing for Dungeness, a good eating crab.

This pic was taken with a Hasselblad X2D with the XCD 55V 55mm f/2.5 lens. It works out to about a 43mm f/2.0 35mm equivalent. I love the color and image quality. HB color science is good. No, I am not objective.

Size reduced in GIMP. F/2.5, ISO 64, SOOC other than size reduction.

B0001821rff.JPG

Last edited:
Back