what camera strap are you using these days?

back alley

IMAGES
Local time
6:32 AM
i'm still a 'lance' diehard user but i have to admit that sitting around and not doing any significant shooting has me daydreaming about what is out there...i'm thinking rolled leather, nice and thin and buttery smooth...cheap would be nice too!

so, what are you (still) using or have been looking too?

Leica 14312 for any small-format film or digital body. Still haven't found anything that beats it for comfort, grip, and ease of mounting and removing without needing an extra doodad on the camera.

Leica 14312 for any small-format film or digital body. Still haven't found anything that beats it for comfort, grip, and ease of mounting and removing without needing an extra doodad on the camera.

Utter garbage. I have my M-E on its way down to concrete twice from this piece of crap. Not only I have this problem, it was reported by others at LUF. Dirt cheap nylon is also worn out.
It is piece of crap. I replaced those metal crap rings which somehow disconnecting from camera lugs, but nylon is still total crap. Not durable. And next to ugly. Dirt cheap feel in it.

Best neck strap ever made is one black one which comes with any Cosina Bessa.
Very durable comparing to leica shaizer number 14312 and most elegant strap I ever seen as well. It is total perfecto.
Cosina is so stupid to not to sell it separately. Instead they have yellow water color, "extra", looking like soviet rucksack shoulder strap. Distasteful, meh.

Same as I’ve been using for years…

Cut down and hand stitched dog leads I've been given or bought secondhand at car boot sales or charity shops: simple, cheap and effective.

i like the lance because it's round...i wear it across my body and it glides so smoothly up to my eyes and back down to my hip.
i remember seeing round leather used for dog collars but have never found one for cameras.

Utter garbage. I have my M-E on its way down to concrete twice from this piece of crap. Not only I have this problem, it was reported by others at LUF. Dirt cheap nylon is also worn out.
It is piece of crap. I replaced those metal crap rings which somehow disconnecting from camera lugs, but nylon is still total crap. Not durable. And next to ugly. Dirt cheap feel in it.

Best neck strap ever made is one black one which comes with any Cosina Bessa.
Very durable comparing to leica shaizer number 14312 and most elegant strap I ever seen as well. It is total perfecto.
Cosina is so stupid to not to sell it separately. Instead they have yellow water color, "extra", looking like soviet rucksack shoulder strap. Distasteful, meh.
Why don’t you say what you really think, Ko.Fe ;)

In reality I’ve had one or two near misses with the Leica strap supplied with my M240. Fortunately I noted the spring D clip working its way free before precipitating the camera into free fall.

i'm still a 'lance' diehard user but i have to admit that sitting around and not doing any significant shooting has me daydreaming about what is out there...i'm thinking rolled leather, nice and thin and buttery smooth...cheap would be nice too!

so, what are you (still) using or have been looking too?
I'm using a classic light brown leather Leica strap, but they don't come cheap (around $100).

18605624-orig.jpg

You got me hooked on the Lance straps Joe, all my smaller cameras have them. I use the 2" Domke on the bigger ones.

I have been happy for many decades with the narrow black nylon straps that come in the box with new cameras. Easily adjustable and you can loop them around to make a wrist strap. Since I never buy new cameras, I just stop by my local camera repair shop and he tells me to pick out what I want from his big basket of them.

But I view camera straps the same as camera bags, strictly utilitarian. Anything that does the job works for me. And free is an unbeatable price. BTW, never had a failure or problem with any of them.

I've got two Peak Design Leash straps and a passel of anchors, use them interchangeably on my Polaroid, Hasselblad, Leica, and other cameras.

They've replaced all my other neck/shoulder straps. Versatile, easy to adjust for length, easy to remove when a strap just gets in the way.

G

Back