What have you just BOUGHT?

The Monster is enroute.

View attachment 4837075

With the 65mm GX M and the III N film back.
That's a moose of a camera! :D
I bet it is really nice to work with, despite the 'neutron star'-like mass to carry.

I've gotten too old to want to do that kind of thing any more. Even carrying the Hasselblad 500CM about is a lot of effort these days... Sigh.

G

Mamiya 645 AFD with 80mm lens plus Polaroid back (still have 8 sheets of FC100 in it :)). The regular back also with partially shot film (on frame 6 now) - it will be interesting to see what comes out…

That's a moose of a camera! :D
I bet it is really nice to work with, despite the 'neutron star'-like mass to carry.

I've gotten too old to want to do that kind of thing any more. Even carrying the Hasselblad 500CM about is a lot of effort these days... Sigh.

G
It arrived today. As big as it looks in pictures... it is bigger. I have MF film cameras smaller than the film back. The lenses squareness makes them look reasonably sized, they are huge. Whole thing measured in at just over 10.5 pounds with batteries but no film.

Having said that... it is awesome.

53706521739_0d304c0a05_b.jpg

Can't wait to put some film through it this weekend.
The finder is huge (showing 8cm x 8cm) and very bright.

53706521714_b764c3d872_b.jpg

Rotate the back and the mask blinders top and bottom switch to the sides.

Camera is in very nice shape. I'm assuming it lived in a studio. The back has taken 14,200 shots, the body 17,300 and the lens is barely used at 500.

Sounds of it firing. The film advance sound is the shutter re-cocking. I didn't load any film so it is not advancing yet.

One thing I want to check is that the film back doesn't seem to shut off. It has its own batteries. Not sure if that is supposed to be that way or not.

Back