What if a Nikon D700 was the size of a D40?

You actually keep a D700 wrapped around your wrist everywhere you go? :eek:

I hope you swap it from left to right arm at regular intervals, otherwise one side of your body is going to become vastly overdeveloped.

Enjoy the D700 though, as I say, it is a good piece of equipment. ;)
Up until a couple of months ago it was wrapped round my right wrist everywhere I went. Recently though I've been suffering from artists block, so I've taken to wearing it on my shoulder a bit more as I haven't been taking photos.
I find the D700 strap to be obnoxious though, and as I can't afford a new one I just wear it logo-down. That makes it considerably less grippy and yesterday it slipped off my shoulder and went bouncing along the concrete, so it's back on the wrist for now.

exactly Will, if doing wedding etc then that extra size (of the double grip ,power drive models) is not a burden but rather makes for easy handling, as strange as it may sound..but thur ya go

Not only that, the big camera affirms to those in the event that you are the photographer, which makes your job a bit easier because people stop messing around when you need them to.

It's the other way around for street or travel, when you don't want people around you to feel awkward or tense up.

Not only that, the big camera affirms to those in the event that you are the photographer, which makes your job a bit easier because people stop messing around when you need them to.

It's the other way around for street or travel, when you don't want people around you to feel awkward or tense up.
Very true. Last week I went to a Miami Heat NBA game and they would not let a guy with a large Canon DSLR, but no problem for me with a Bessa R3M.

Ciao Will

you got the point, although I had also a "nice" bother once: two girls stopped me to ask if I were a local reporter and if I shot calendars !!!! :rolleyes:

Heh !

Back