What is the Correct Noun for Three or More Leica's?

ktmrider

Well-known
Local time
8:23 PM
I recently took a photo of my four (two film M's, a digital M, and a IIIf) Leica camera bodies together and sent it to a few people to illustrate a fetish many of us here on the forum have. My daughter who loves writing asked me a very interesting question "What is the correct term for a gathering of Leicas?"

Just for fun I thought I would put this question to the group-what is the correct term? Is it a herd, a flock, a gaggle, a pack, a bunch, or ????. Your thoughts?

Here are my thoughts on the collective nouns of the collection. Perhaps it depends upon who owns the Leicas (sans apostrophe.)

Dentist = filling or root canal of Leicas.
Attorney = cheat of Leicas (same as the collective noun for attorneys.)
Journalist = impact or dent (coming from multiple bodies hanging and impacting each other.)
Collector = a cleaning or cabinet of Leicas.
Collector who obsessively "tests" lenses = a coating mark of Leicas or a scratch of Leicas, or an OCD of Leicas.
Retiree = a cup or brew of Leicas, possibly a glass or snifter of Leicas.
Cat person = a judgement of Leicas (owing to the collective noun of a group of housecats.)
Camera thief = a fencing of Leicas.
Person who rapidly buys and sells = a searching or next-one of Leicas.
Person who has Leicas as jewelery = an entitlement or a snobbery of Leicas.
Benefactor of inheritance = an ambivalence of Leicas.
Finally, it could be like bison, in that the simple plural may be Leica, as in, "a cheat of Leica owned by an attorney."

Phil Forrest

is it a Noun or an Illness ?

The first symptom a red dot
and before You know it
Your suffering from
Too much of a Good thing... ;)

Back