Canon M39 M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
Who says a watched pot never boils?

Now get out there and get busy!

Congrats!

Best Regards,

Bill Mattocks

backalley photo said:
it's here !!

yes, it just showed about 30 minutes ago!!

it's beautiful, even with the 2 tiny dents on her top. (i saw them in the original pics the seller sent)
i put the 50 on and focus just snaps into place.

i was also lucky enough to get a hood/series 6 filter holder from our local lens hood aficianado (sp?) and it too arrived with the camera. synchronistic...

the seller included a domke gripper strap, already put it on, now just some film and i'm ready to rock & roll.

maybe i'll try out rob's hand meter too.

aaggghhhhhh!!
i'm a very happy camera guy!

joe:D :D :D

That's it Joe !!!! Congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In fact now I can tell you that a Leica CL arrived here last wednesday morning ! :D And it is simply lovely !!

Thanks Gene !! ;)

And I just got a pack of 48mm original Canon filters (including bonus - unexpected close-up filters) for my Canon 1.4 RF lens.

WHOOHOO!

Best Regards,

Bill Mattocks

e-Boy Filters

And I just didn't buy another camera or lens.
We are all winners :)

(Congratulations Joe!)

thanks guys! and we get to celebrate together!

oscar, were you holding back on your news on my account?
that's an absolutely lovely thing to have done! but don't ever do it again, we should be able to be happy for each other no matter how slow the damn post office is.

and gene has a 'new' bessa r2, lucky guy.

all new weapons in the hands of some dangerous guys...

and bill, did you really need those filters?
me, i'm still looking for a series 6 yellow filter! there has to be at least one in canada. oh and btw, that lens shade/filter holder is great, fabulous in fact. makes the 50 just look so very sophisticated
oldprof and richard thanks for the support.
and richard, how is that peace of mind thing going anyway?

i'll tell you all about my first outing with the p later on, it was kinda funny in a somewhat embarrasing way.

joe

Joe, it's going pretty well actually. I'm avoiding eBay like the plague and that seems to automatically take care of things :)

I haven't got any time to take photos until end-September anyway so it all kinda works out...

Congratulations again on the "P"! When will we see it in the "Camera and Coffee"-thread? :)

ooh good idea.
maybe soon...

i would really like to remove ebay from my bookmarks but there is this horrible dread that takes over when i think seriously about it. and then i go to photo.net and check out the classifieds there anyway.
hard to win.

joe

you sound too busy, never a good thing.

Holding news ? well not exactly Joe :p My Canon 7 had severe depression symptoms and as she thought her cousin P was lost in Bulgaria things got worse... Would had I written about the CL arrival then, the 7 could have done something very bad to herself ! :eek:

You know, I saw that 'everything's lost, there's no hope' look in her bugeyes... :rolleyes:

Btw, what happened in the first P's shooting day ?

Last edited:
Back