Xpro2 focus lock question...

kriskirk

Established
Local time
9:49 AM
Been using the xpro2 for a bit now and love it. My question is , when you half press shutter to focus then reframe with shutter still pressed and shoot, it’s supposed to lock on what you focused on correct? I do that and in review when I press back she’ll to see where it focuses, it’s always at center frame not where I focus lock. Any idea why?

Thanks!

Been using the xpro2 for a bit now and love it. My question is , when you half press shutter to focus then reframe with shutter still pressed and shoot, it’s supposed to lock on what you focused on correct? I do that and in review when I press back she’ll to see where it focuses, it’s always at center frame not where I focus lock. Any idea why?

Thanks!

[If I've correctly understood your question] it'll lock on the distance to the object upon which you obtained focus, but not on that object's (apparent) location, within the viewfinder. If the camera is set to focus (for example) at the centre of the viewfinder, then that's where the focus point will be displayed - regardless of where you pointed it, in order to grab focus.

Thanks for the replies, appreciate it.

tbhv55, that makes sense. When i move the focus location via the joystick and dont reframe, that point is in focus and it focus checks that location fine. So that might be very correct!

Yokosuka_Mike, found a good youtube video but looks like i need to read the manual again haha

thanks guys !

Back