Your Favourite M9 shot to date

fti

Established
Local time
7:31 AM
Thinking of your favourite shot taken with a particular camera must be one of the most redundant exercises one could come up with, and were it not for Facebook recently reminding me of a photo I took years back, I wouldn't have bothered you guys with this post.

This shot below has got to be my favourite shot from the M9 to date, probably for many reasons other than just the colour, the moment and framing. This was taken with my old M9 which suffered from the dreaded sensor delamination. After being M9-less for 2 years, I bought a M9p with a 2016 sensor about 6 months ago. Hopefully this one will last me a while still.

Do you have a favourite shot taken with your M9?

M9 35mm Summicron IV

Very impressive for M9 indoors.

I like my 2015 made M-E shots before it went for current sensor replacement in 2018. After it, not the same. I'm getting good content, but rendering is different. Something nice is missing with new sensor. Like on yours photo, I'm not getting this rendering with new sensor. IMO.

I have it as main photo on M-E and me blog.

31363318856_7fc7d39fa7_c.jpg

Taken with original sensor from 2015. J-3, if I'm not mistaken.

Very impressive for M9 indoors.

I like my 2015 made M-E shots before it went for current sensor replacement in 2018. After it, not the same. I'm getting good content, but rendering is different. Something nice is missing with new sensor. Like on yours photo, I'm not getting this rendering with new sensor. IMO.

I can imagine the frustration. I must say that with the replaced sensor I don't have a sense of missing any particular rendering, but the again I bought different lenses for this camera.

I don't know if this is my favorite image I took with the m9, I have many that I think are all tied for "favorite" but I think it's one that best captures my feelings about what the camera was capable of. I had a sort of mindset when I used it, different than with the M240, different than with my M6, it was the M9 mindset and this is the sort of image that resulted from it.

med_U68270I1588000460.SEQ.0.jpg

M9 | Summicron 35mm f/2 ASPH | Dallas Aquarium

Try as I might, I couldn't think of anything I felt I shot with the M9 that really stood out, except a variety of client images I won't share. I used to hang it around my neck with a 50mm f/1.1 Voigtlander for weddings, with my two Nikons on my side with wide/tele lenses. That seemed like its best use-case.

My personal images were mostly meh because I never clicked with it. I really tried. I'd rather shoot my M6 or any other film camera. So I traded it last year and haven't really missed it.

Here's one that is okay, I guess, taken at a night-time event. The ease of handholding was its biggest benefit over my DSLR:

light-03.jpg

I with Derek on this. They're all really nice, and many I've seen over the years here on RFF.

Perhaps I should change my title and add an (s), 'cause it's just not fair to ask for 1 single fav. shot :)

Again with the 35mm IV cropped. My daughter was all dressed and ready to play, but got rained in.

[URL="

I have a few others that I liked a lot.

med_U68270I1588017726.SEQ.3.jpg

M9 | Summicron 35mm f/2 ASPH | Seoul

med_U68270I1588017726.SEQ.2.jpg

M9 | Summicron 35mm f/2 ASPH | Tulsa

med_U68270I1588017725.SEQ.1.jpg

M9 | Summilux 35mm f/1.4 FLE ASPH | Texas

med_U68270I1588017725.SEQ.0.jpg

M9 | Summilux 35mm f/1.4 FLE ASPH | Texas

can't pick one.....

can't pick one.....

49832883162_162b70d042_o.jpg

But I sure like the colors; taken in 2016, this from a file that I just found.
M9 21mm SEM

Back