Your SLR Images

David R Munson

写真のオタク
Local time
10:50 PM
I come to RFF because I like rangefinders, but moreso because I like the brains that frequent it. I'm primarily an SLR shooter, though, so I feel a bit weird about posting images outside this sub-forum unless it was actually a rangefinder image. But, I'm interested in seeing your SLR images too, so to that end I propose a thread of SLR images. Anything goes, subject-wise. Shots you like, etc.

So, what are you doing with your (evil) SLRs? ...show us something of yours!

So, what are you doing with your (evil) SLRs?

Usually things I cannot do with an RF:
2758703078_5341b28bd7_o.jpg

BTW, love your image, the title, and Baudelaire.

I got SLR to get some idea about this culture.
And for tele (and wide too), 'cause I'm fixed lens RF person.

Lately got some SLR normal lens GAS, though....

Attachments

• coupe-mx6-1.jpg
    coupe-mx6-1.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 0
I prefer SLRs.

I prefer SLRs.

I still have a rangefinder, though, because there are so many different lenses one can use on the M-platform. Old lenses, less old lenses, current/new lenses. Leica, Voigtlander, Konica, Zeiss....

But, i'd rather look through the lens than through a 'disassociated' window.....

Leica R7, 28mm Elmarit, Delta 400

Attachments

• SanJoseManAtPostOffice1-flickr.jpg
    SanJoseManAtPostOffice1-flickr.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 0
From yesterday - Westover ARB, Chicopee, MA
Oly E510 and its 40-150 kit lens.

2840270374_3a6b607f42.jpg

I tend to use the OMs for street photography with slightly longer lenses and the Bessa with the wider ones but this is a better example of when I wouldn't bother with an RF at all.

I've had an on again-off again-on again relationship with RF shooting. There are times when the size/weight/bulk advantage of RF gear win out and there are other times when the versatility of a DSLR/SLR (esp. when I need a lot of reach or when shooting macros) win out.

Last edited:
I like the challenge of shallow DOF and manual SLRs

I like the challenge of shallow DOF and manual SLRs

Mamiya Sekor 1000DTL and Mamiya Sekor 55f/1.4 with doubler

(click the photos for a bigger version)

For almost two decades I used a Canon FTb and an M3 pretty much interchangeably, barring stuff like close-ups. Now I often cannot tell which camera was used for a particular roll. However, I have been careful to post on RFF only pictures that were certainly taken with an RF camera. Allowing SLR photos is of course a good idea.

I'm glad to see this off to a good start! It's always good to see other people's work.

I don't have a CRT monitor at work so I can't evaluate what I can't see. However, I noted you used WD2D+ on that shot. How have you found that? Do you shoot your film at its rated ISO or below? I just got some and am anxious to try it.
I love WD2D+, and I tend to go back and forth between it and HC-110 (dilution G), which says a lot in its favor given my devotion to HC-110. I haven't really fine-tuned it with the FP4+, as I just started working with that film, but with Tri-X I shoot it at EI 200 and that has given me very nice results.
BTW, love your image, the title, and Baudelaire.
Thanks! Baudelaire is one of the few writers whose language has reached me at such a deep level as to inspire and influence my visual work. Nabokov and a few others as well.
What am I doing with my (evil) SLRs? Well, just about anything really. I don't do people too much but think this worked out pretty well.
I really like that one! You caught a great expression.

Long ago, not far away (from me, anyway)

Long ago, not far away (from me, anyway)

attachment.php

Technical: Canon EF, Canon FD 24mm f/2.8, K64. Early Spring, 1978

This image, BTW, will not be in the upcoming show, but looking at it again conjures the day so vividly.

- Barrett

Attachments

• wtc78.jpg
    wtc78.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0
I use both RF and SLR, but for focal lengths between 28 and 90, I prefer rangefinders.
For this decisive moment, however, I was happy not having to get close to the action - hope it's not too rude for this forum:
attachment.php

Best regards,
Uwe

Attachments

• Bears.jpg
    Bears.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 0
first post for me. sayin hello from argentina.

pentax spotmatic. agfa precisa CT

post more pics! :D

andres

Attachments

• img013-resize.jpg
    img013-resize.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 0
first post for me. sayin hello from argentina.

pentax spotmatic. agfa precisa CT

post more pics! :D

andres

Welcome to the forums. I really like your shot. Beautifully done!

Wish I could get Agfa to work for me. I just never could get either Agfa b/w or color to work for me.

Back