“Ripley:” Black and white series on Netflix

JohnWolf

Well-known
Local time
3:10 PM
Last edited:
The noir lighting, the location shots - every scene would be a magnificent still shot. Very enjoyable.

The noir lighting, the location shots - every scene would be a magnificent still shot. Very enjoyable
That was my over-riding feeling watching it. Personally couldn't get excited about the acting or storyline, but so good to look at it's worth watching just for the photography.

Other than the points about the artistic visuals and lighting, I lost interest in the sinister, sick protagonist after a few episodes.

Other than the points about the artistic visuals and lighting, I lost interest in the sinister, sick protagonist after a few episodes.
If I recall correctly, in the Matt Damon version the murder occurs at the end. Here (spoiler alert) it’s in the third episode. Presumably the rest of the series will be a murder investigation, so it might get more interesting. The visuals alone will carry me to the end.

I like the noir scenes but even more so the scenes with all the middle grays. Bella, bella.

John

Last edited:
Back