110 film discontinued?

They still appear to have 110 film available for sale on their website. I've never seen a lot of Lomography film for sale locally... only at one local camera shop.

Scott

Out of the 5 types, 3 are out of stock.
And that is reflected everywhere, with some places not having any in stock.

I just bought the last 3 packets of Lomo Orca BW from Blue Moon Camera (they are now out of stock) as they were the only place I could find that had it, using a Google search! One place in Australia has 7 rolls left, at $12/roll +$20 shipping...

$12/roll + $20 shipping is almost the same cost of 100ft of 16mm film in a daylight spool! Seven cartridges at that price is the same cost as 400ft of 16mm film. Holy cow.

Phil Forrest

Lomo just wrote back to me and said that 110 production has not been stopped, and they will be restocked in summer. Guess they are making it in batches.

"Out of Stock" seems to be the Lomo business model. At least that is what I see the most of each time I look at their site. Irregardless of size and format.

They do that with their entire product line. The 'new' Jupiter 3+lens was out of stock for a while, then came back in etc. I have a feeling they order in batches, and wait until they have almost sold out before re-ordering.
Still, can't be mad at them as they are the only ones that are supporting this format. I've never shot 110 before, but there is a charm to some of these sub miniature cameras such as the Pentax Auto 110, certain Rolleis, and it seems that if you get a 110 camera that can be focused, then the results can be pleasing. Especially from the Orca film.

I bought a set of enlarger film carriers a while back, just to get the 6x4.5 and 6x6 ones which I use to scan film with my DSLR. Within the set is a 110 film holder. It's going to be entertaining to see what I can do with that with my D850. Talk about opposite worlds colliding!

camera naniwa in kyoto has three rolls of color slide, five rolls of color neg (and two 3-packs), and four rolls of b&w.

Back