1960 Street from my Dad -- NYC

DNG

Film Friendly
Local time
7:36 PM
A few from 1960, November: Macy's Parade, from my Dads Archive

He wasn't a Street Photographer, but he was an avid photographer, and a Wedding and Portrait Photographer,
So, he did capture a few good candid here and there

CC14-Lr-1960 Nov Macy's Parade NYC-001 by 1921-2010: Photographic Archive: By Peter Arbib, on Flickr

CC14-Lr-1960 Nov Macy's Parade NYC-011 by 1921-2010: Photographic Archive: By Peter Arbib, on Flickr

CC14-Lr-1960 Nov Macy's Parade NYC-012 by 1921-2010: Photographic Archive: By Peter Arbib, on Flickr

He had a pretty good eye, and would of made a good Street Photographer, but, getting married in his late 20's, and was a work-a-holic also...
so, he never had time for it. He was a hobbyist after getting married, and gave up Wedding / Portrait photography as a job for marriage.
He was a young professional photographer from 19 to about 28, and was pretty good (from the 4x5's I have been scanning)....
Every now and then I get surprised with his talent.

Very nice photographs, that shot of the kids looking at the roasting chestnuts reminds me of myself in New York City as a young kid doing the same.

Very nice photographs, that shot of the kids looking at the roasting chestnuts reminds me of myself in New York City as a young kid doing the same.

That's what I was thinking. If this is the 1960 Macy's Parade, I was probably in the audience. :)

Back