21mm Super Angulon

47mm F8 F32 4x5 Norma HP5 by Nokton48, on Flickr

My widest LF lens, the chrome 47mm F8 Super Angulon in Compur shutter. Mounted on an original Sinar Norma Recessed Lensboard. Tim Kelly lighting, extreme close-up, lens less than a foot away from my test target. Three Broncolor Pulso C171 Monolights plus fill panel, HP5+ 4x5 (in Linhof Plate Holder) D:23 1;1 in 8x10 Unicolor Unidrum and Uniroller. 8x10 4X print Arista #2 RC Multigrade dev Omega DII laser aligned 180 black Rodagon Omegalite Diffusion Head

mothertrucker; said:
Hi Helen, I've got this 21mm F4 lens too on a barnack, wondering if you are using a hood of some kind which might be causing the vignetting here?

haha on Me...Yes You are spot on correct
it was the teeny tiny 50 Elmar M hood, the only E39 hood I own, thought I would try it...
The results made me giggle the way it created the 'vignetting' . Sometimes mistakes can be Fun ~

I still have the tres sexy square hood from the 21 3.4 SA but that is a different size, bigger hood.

I still have the tres sexy square hood from the 21 3.4 SA but that is a different size, bigger hood.

OK, yeah, I was wondering, thanks. Now I know what to expect if I try that out, have that hood on my 50mm f2.8 ltm. I do have an appropriate IWKOO hood for my SA but i'm not really convinced that it helps that much to be honest. So, I never use it.

james.liam;n said:
Looks a little like the pivotal rooftop scene in Blade Runner, where Rutger Hauer spares Harrison Ford (in a painful way) to remind him to appreciate life, pain and pleasure alike.

oh, cool... Have not seen the cult classic 'Blade Runner'
Suppose now it's a good reason to give it a go
Thank You James ~

Here are a few pictures from the Madison in Peoria Illinois, an abandoned local theater I got to photograph before restoration starts. It's been around since the Vaudeville days and is the last classic theater in town of many that have been razed over the past century.

Leica IF and a 21mm F4 Super Angulon.

LeicaIF_SuperAngulon21mm_HP5_800ISO-34.jpg LeicaIF_SuperAngulon21mm_HP5_800ISO-32.jpg LeicaIF_SuperAngulon21mm_HP5_800ISO-40.jpg

52490013559_5e57bd4e52_b.jpg

Portra 400, 21/3.4 Super-Angulon-M

I like the images my copy produces but I'm torn over getting the haze that compromises a lot of pictures I take with it cleaned or just selling it and getting the more reliable, new Voigtlander 21/3.5 instead.

foma200_007.jpg

MOMA in Hobart, Tasmania, Australia.
Shot on fomapan 100asa through a Super Angulon 21mm f3.4 on MP.
Home darkroom using D76 and then scanned on a Epson V700.

fomapan200_023.jpg
Jeriah
Shot on fomapan 200asa through a Super Angulon 21mm f3.4 on M4.
Home darkroom using D76 and then scanned on a Epson V700.

Back