28mm, what gives?

The 28mm view on the Bessa R4 is just amazing, even for me and my glasses. Of course the M6 has a similar view, but I figured that I wanted to actually be able to afford a couple of lenses. So who needs auxiliary viewfinders if you have a great camera?

Lack of 28mm choices in RF, also methinks lack of 24/25mm, if you can't afford Leica lenses. ZM 25mm f2.8 is an exemplary lens in M mount for 25mm @ f2.8. But no decent faster-aperture lenses out there in M mount or ltm 39mm. Wish Zeiss could put their Sony mount lens ar these Fl in M mount. Optical calcs done just rehouse tose optical cells. Mean while 35mm
mm FL in f1.2, 1.4, 1.7, 2, 2.5, 2.8...

... 28mm (FF) Fuji finder is currently available at Adorama for just 60 bucks!!! ...
FWIW, I took my own advice and bought this 28/21 Fujifilm finder. It's a bargain (plastic housing and class elements)! Its housing looks identical to the Voigtlander finders I own.

I also have the 28mm Zeiss finder, which mates the 25/28 framelines. Technically the Zeiss is a better finder (metal housing, glass elements, and big and bright to look through with less distortion), but in the real world a PITA to use because the framelines are so close together; it's also more than 5-times the price (when you can find them).

And BTW, I happened to inquire earlier today and the seller (Adorama) only had two of these finders left in stock (FWIW).

Back