3 years with Ricoh GRII

Landberg

Well-known
Local time
9:05 AM
Hi!
I have owned a lot of cameras. Film and digital Leica Ms, Sony a7II, Fuji X-pro2 and so on. Sold them all. Only one camera has stayed with me, the Ricoh GRII. I freaking love it! Soon there will be a GRIII but i can’t se myself selling my GRII. I guess i will have 2 GRs. The GRII is not the ”best” camera i have owned but it is always with me and the colors it produce are awsome. The only bad thing about it is the dust problem..

Here are some of my photos from the last 3 years.
More at my instagram: @landberg

43428394762_5254e5031f_b.jpg

26553635333_f43cf32240_b.jpg

20946268660_0e92d499fd_b.jpg

43358749455_ce8d91985f_b.jpg

28036707177_8d1fbf4eda_b.jpg

29828353788_7b7604c5e1_b.jpg

16978362672_55fc226877_b.jpg

24761944448_7fe51a1887_b.jpg

Those are great shots.

Those GR's are great. If money is right at the end of the year, I can see myself picking up a GR3

Big Ricoh GR fan. I have had one version or the other (film/digital) since the it first came out in the mid 90's. They really nailed the design and created a seamless operator.

I currently have a GRii and its the most used camera i own. Thankfully i have had no dust issues with any of the digital GR series.

Big Ricoh GR fan. I have had one version or the other (film/digital) since the it first came out in the mid 90's. They really nailed the design and created a seamless operator.

I currently have a GRii and its the most used camera i own. Thankfully i have had no dust issues with any of the digital GR series.

I use the adapter with a UV-filter, that stops dust from getting in.

One of my favorite cameras.

Not getting much use out of mine lately. The reason being that it really isn't much better than a camera phone these days. Also, the dust.

The main reason why I got it was because it can fit in my pocket. Getting the UV protector for the dust seems counter intuitive for me as the main reason why I got it, is because it can fit in my jeans pocket. If I'm going to have a camera around my wrist or my neck, I would much rather it be my M2.

One of my favorite cameras.

Not getting much use out of mine lately. The reason being that it really isn't much better than a camera phone these days. Also, the dust.

The main reason why I got it was because it can fit in my pocket. Getting the UV protector for the dust seems counter intuitive for me as the main reason why I got it, is because it can fit in my jeans pocket. If I'm going to have a camera around my wrist or my neck, I would much rather it be my M2.

what phone are you using? i have longed for a day when my phone could perform similar to say, a Ricoh GR. i could even accept the limitations of tiny sensor output. sadly no phone i have tried operates as intuitively or fast enough. not to mention ergonomics

No doubt some people can get good pictures with phones, but damn! Every time I try to use my iPhone for a picture, I feel like I'm holding a small slab of drywall.

GR: great little camera, superb lens, very ergonomic, very responsive.

iPhone: slab of drywall.

By the way, Landberg, excellent photographs. Keep shooting with your GR.

No doubt some people can get good pictures with phones, but damn! Every time I try to use my iPhone for a picture, I feel like I'm holding a small slab of drywall.

GR: great little camera, superb lens, very ergonomic, very responsive.

iPhone: slab of drywall.

By the way, Landberg, excellent photographs. Keep shooting with your GR.

I agree about shooting with iPhone. I can not use it as a serious camera.

Thank you, i will! :)

I got quite a lot of use out of my original APS-C Ricoh GR. After a few years, I was frustrated with the dust issues and the slow focus. So I got a Fujifilm X100F.

Don’t get me wrong, the Fuji is a fantastic camera. I’ve done some travel with it and quite enjoy it. But it’s not a camera you can put in your pocket like the Ricoh, therefore it’s not a camera you can take *everywhere* without also carrying some sort of camera bag.

So I ended up taking fewer photos.

I’ve already pre-ordered the GR III and assume it’s going to be better than the GR. I doubt the dust issues will be much improved, but I’m expecting autofocus to be faster. And with the modern sensor & processor, I’m hoping for better high ISO performance so I can do some night work with it (NOT a strength of the old GR).

cdeffd1d41e47eebe3309408a2ec4d05.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back