$300 off trade in deal: Anyone take advantage of this yet?

eleskin

Well-known
Local time
6:39 PM
I called Adorama yesterday about the $300 off deal. The deal is for real. You get $300 off right away plus the value of the trade in. I have a NEX 5n I do not use that much so maybe another $150 - $200? All I know is this deal goes until March 31. I was on the fence between the new Fuji X-T1 and the A7r. I already own an X-Pro 1 and only have a Leica M8 for my M lenses. My thinking is I should buy the A7r to expand my most important M lenses (35mm f 1.2 Nokton, 35mm Summicron, 50mm F1.0 Noctilux, 50mm Summicron current version) to full frame. At the $300 off plus trade in value for something I do not use (Nex 5n) I think it is a no brainer. The new Fuji is great, but not by a large amount over the X Pro. So my thinking is to spend the money on the Sony! So anyone else sitting on the fence and is now tilting towards the A7r with this new $300 off deal?

Friend of mine blown away by A7r in the studio!

Friend of mine blown away by A7r in the studio!

A friend of mine who shoots full frame Canon was blown away when a friend of his let hem use his A7r for studio portraits. He said the files were the first he has EVER seen where he does not need to apply ANY sharpinng and in fact, may need to reduce sharpness!!!! The same persion also had a chance to test my 50mm Summicron and was BLOWN AWAY as well!

I called Adorama yesterday about the $300 off deal. The deal is for real. You get $300 off right away plus the value of the trade in. I have a NEX 5n I do not use that much so maybe another $150 - $200? All I know is this deal goes until March 31. I was on the fence between the new Fuji X-T1 and the A7r. I already own an X-Pro 1 and only have a Leica M8 for my M lenses. My thinking is I should buy the A7r to expand my most important M lenses (35mm f 1.2 Nokton, 35mm Summicron, 50mm F1.0 Noctilux, 50mm Summicron current version) to full frame. At the $300 off plus trade in value for something I do not use (Nex 5n) I think it is a no brainer. The new Fuji is great, but not by a large amount over the X Pro. So my thinking is to spend the money on the Sony! So anyone else sitting on the fence and is now tilting towards the A7r with this new $300 off deal?

You should actually sell the 5n separately and send in a broken camera. They will give you full $300 credit regardless of the actual value of the camera you send in.

Also, you can sweeten the deal by purchasing a bundle with lens and flash to get $650 additional off! You can sell off the extra items to make your A7r even cheaper or you may even decide to keep the lens :D Personally, the 55 1.8 zeiss impressed me to the extent that I am selling my Summicron DR.

I called Adorama yesterday about the $300 off deal. The deal is for real. You get $300 off right away plus the value of the trade in. I have a NEX 5n I do not use that much so maybe another $150 - $200?

I have a feeling your 5N is worth less than $300. Much better off to go to the local Salvation Army store (or equiv) and but a piece of junk for $5. Send that and you will get the $300.

Back