35mm lenses (Schneider-Kreuznach)

35mm lenses (Schneider-Kreuznach)

• f/5.6

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • f/4.0

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters
I've both lens and already compared. The Schneider 5.6/35mm always give me surprising result! but it worth to have both lens in your Retina set.

I'm with Brian, Gumby and other member here that the lens can be switch to another Retinas.

:)

Hi guys, thanks agan for all your answers !

Here i am with an other question :
I found a " 32mm push fit / slip on lens hood "

424280293_o.jpg

there's this one too
http://cgi.befr.ebay.be/Voigtlander-310-32-32mm-push-fit-chrome-Lens-hood-/230567980524?pt=UK_Photography_VintagePhotography_VintagePhotoAccessories&hash=item35aeec2dec#ht_532wt_754

Do these things can be used on my Retina IIIC ?
Is "32mm push-on" a standard ?

Last edited:
No, the IIc and IIIc take a bayonet-mount lenshood for the 50 and 5.6/35. The f/4 lenses take special slip-on hoods that are sometimes a part of the protective case.

I found an answer on http://kodak.3106.net/index.php?p=216&cam=911

Another feature of these cameras, indeed of most of the Retinas since 1954, is that the filter thread on the 50mm (and 35mm f/5.6) lens is not a "standard", the only commonly available alternatives to the factory original 29.5mm thread being 32mm push-on items, though just to confuse matters, Kodak refer to their filters for these cameras as "32mm". The factory lenshood, suitable for both 50mm lenses and the 35mm f/5.6, fits in the bayonet mount around the lens and as such is unique to the range, though a 32mm push-on hood will usually prove satisfactory for the 50mm lens.

Last edited:
Hi guys, thanks agan for all your answers !
Here i am with an other question :
I found a " 32mm push fit / slip on lens hood "

Do these things can be used on my Retina IIIC ?
Is "32mm push-on" a standard ?

The IIc/C and IIIc/C have a small piece sticking out a bit around the lens, so a push-on lens hood needs a cut-out to fit. The round one on the picture will fit as it already has a cut-out. You may need to file it down a bit.

Attachments

• RetLens.jpg
    RetLens.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 0
But if I have a filter mounted on the lens, do i still need a cut-out ?

No, but the filter mount is thin, so the cut-out will let you push the filter on all the way in.

Last year I removed one of the slitted "clamps" on a 32mm Voigtländer lens hood to use it on my Retina IIc. It works, but doesn't look good, becuase it has a bit of a square shape that will not mount straight on the camera. I wish I used a round lens hood instead. Later I bought the original plastic Retina lens hood with bayonet mount, so now I only use the push-on hood on the 5,6 wideangle.

Attachments

• RetVoigt.jpg
    RetVoigt.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 0
I'm thinking about cutting it like you but I won't cut at the clamp area. I'll try to have it fitted at the good angle. I just wonder if it isn't too hard to do...
You do not have any vignetting with this hood on the 35mm lens ?

Last edited:
I'm thinking about cutting it like you but I won't cut at the clamp area. I'll try to have it fitted at the good angle. I just wonder if it isn't too hard to do...
You do not have any vignetting with this hood on the 35mm lens ?

Sorry, I got confused. I also have a rubber lens hood that works ok with both 50mm and 35mm. I haven't used the Voigtländer hood on the wide angle.

I personally think you should but the round lens hood, as it already has a a cut out. The Voigtländer is of higher quality, chromed brass, and I regret altering it.

But, on the other hand, if you always use filters maybe the hood can be used without a cut out. You can try and see.

I just bought this for 2€ + 4.40€ for shipping :)

110119043237457284.jpg

A lot less expensive than the Voigtlander and no cut-out necessary. Not as beautiful though.

I'll buy a Voigt one the day I'll have a Vitessa :p

Perfect! :D It looks pretty wide, so it might work on the 5.6 wide angle as well.

Many front cell focusing lenses have a ptrotruding pin for the infinity stop. Some filter and lens hood manufactures took that into account when they made their mounts, like B+W did here.

Maybe I will try to find a lens hood like that in 27mm for my Balda Baldina. I have a soft plastic 27mm hood, that fits the old 3.5 Retinas, that I don't want to cut. :p

Attachments

• baldina.jpg
    baldina.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 0
Do you know what's the purpose of this little piece of metal on the Retina ?

I don't know and can only speculate. Maybe it's for some accessory device where it's important that it's mounted in a specific way, or maybe it's just there to make it easier to see where the red dot is making it faster to put the lens on. Maybe someone here knows the true answer?

The front part of the Xenar on the Retina Ib/IB also have the bayonet, but here the small tab is thinner and bent to lock the lens in place (the wide and tele lenses can't be used on the Xenar cameras) One can easily lift it up with a fingernail to unlock the bayonet if the lens needs cleaning.

Attachments

• RetIB.jpg
    RetIB.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 0
Is it possible to remove the 50mm without the plastic case for it ?
I have some dust there.

I put the 50mm in the case for the 35mm when I use the wide angle, but any clean surface or small box will do.

Back