Leica LTM 35mm ltm lens for my iiif - HELP!

Leica M39 screw mount bodies/lenses
Thanks! It seems really difficult to do from a mobile device. When I go to my Flickr photostream, then chose a photo, the share options I have are only 'copy to clipboard' and then a long list of apps which I could share it to. No embed options. But then I can seemingly embed someone else's photo from my main feed!? It's odd that you can embed one of mine, but I can't seem to. I'll figure it out I'm sure.

I bought my 111F for the Leica experience, and that means Leica lenses. If I want sharp with a modern character, I shoot my Nikon F6 with Nikon lenses or my Leica M6 with it's 35mm F2. For the Barnack I now have a 28nn Hector, a 50mm Summar, and an Elmar 50mm F3.5. Next up I'll probably buy a 90mm Elmar.

Guys,

I'm going to purchase a mid-price ltm 35mm (and viewfinder) for my iiif. I want something small, discrete, doesn't need to be super fast - will be shooting f5.6 - f11 on the street 95% of the time.

My thinking:

Voigtlander Colour Skopar

Or

Canon f2

I have no problem putting modern glass on a 50's body, by the way. It's just going to boil down to a lens that is reliable, neat, and delivers a lovely sharp black and white image with a bit of character. The only other lens I use is a 50mm collapsible Summicron, and I love it. For consistency in my work, I would love a lens that, despite focal length, won't give me images that look TOTALLY different from work shot with my 50.

Help me decide!? Or throw something else into the mix!? I can't afford £1000+ Leica....

Thanks a million!
A Canon 35 mm/f2.8 is a good option, if found in nice condition. You'd enjoy it.

May I put in a word for the Canon 35mm f2.8. Mine is an absolute zinger. Just beware the front-mounted aperture ring when you change lenses. You will end up taking a lot of photos at f22 when you thought you were at f5.6. All part of the fun of using an ancient relic, rather than a software package with a lens on front.

Elmar 3.5cm f 3.5. lovely tiny lensIMG_1430.jpg

43524758324_d6c2769ea6_z.jpg

I agree with Deardorff. The old Elmar 35mm f/3.5 (ltm) is much better than many people think, and really small. Watch out for fogging, however.

gelatin silver print (elmar 35mm f3.5 uncoated) leica ll

Amstelveen, 2011

Erik.

1698692374751.png

I agree with Deardorff. The old Elmar 35mm f/3.5 (ltm) is much better than many people think, and really small. Watch out for fogging, however. Cleaning is a difficult job.

gelatin silver print (elmar 35mm f3.5 uncoated) leica ll

Amstelveen, 2011

Erik.

View attachment 4828535

Very nice @Deardorff38. I’m still PO’d at myself for not picking one up for $185 a few years ago at a local antique co-op.

It was behind a glass case but it looked to be in good condition.
ray, I bought that one off Ebay for $75 USD just after coming home from a ski trip to Japan in 2018 where i acquired the black iii. I thought my LTM 2.8 Summaron was too big and heavy for the iii. Likely the best Leica deal I've made.

Last edited:
Back