6x9 photos Only

divewizard

perspicaz
Local time
1:20 AM
It appears the ongoing 6x9 Only thread started by I am Luna has vanished. From what I can tell he is no longer a user and he started the thread, that may be why it is gone.

I was going to post new pictures to it. Thus I am staring a new thread for 6x9 photos.

Here are the two latest photos i took with my Fujica GW690. The film was Kodak TMAX 100. I used a Hoya O(G) filter. The film was processed and scanned by NCPS.

Mendocino County Seascape, California
67430003xlr.jpg

Abandoned House, Manchester, Mendocino County, California
67430005xlr.jpg

©2011 Chris Grossman

Last edited:
I gotta get me one of those cameras! There's just so much context in those photos.:D

With best regards,

Pfreddee(Stephen)

Great Chris! Hang on - I am working hard on getting the 6X9 stuff I took this summer processed and scanned. I will post as soon as I can.

I have some older images to help populate this thread. I love shooting my fuji GW690 (the clown camera). I now have an old Bessa RF Heliar. Only one roll through so far. It looks like it will see much use.

Rollei retro 80s and Fuji GW690

5484816215_892f254ed6_z.jpg

metering?

metering?

Hi Chris,

I've been wondering what kind of meter you use with your Fuji? Hand-held or shoe-mounted? Or a compact digicam? I'm trying to work out a solution for mine. I have an old Gossen Lunalite but it chews through 9V batteries and is virtually the same size as my Canon A630. I've been sorely tempted by the Voigtlander VC meter II but it seems pretty expensive for what it is, and the Gossen Digisix seems like a good meter but kind of big for shoe-mounting (IMO - I know a lot of folks use them that way). The less separate stuff I have to carry the better, so the A630 seemed to make sense over the Lunalite as it can take pictures too!

Regards,
Scott

Last edited:
F16 - That shot of the reflection in the lake/pond is seriously awesome!

Divewizard - I remember those coastline shots from the last thread. Such powerful photos. Great work. Is that NorCal?

Here are a couple more, all from my Fujica G690BL with the 100mm f3.5 Fujinon-S

Untitled by andre dos santos, on Flickr

Hi Chris,

I've been wondering what kind of meter you use with your Fuji? Hand-held or shoe-mounted? Or a compact digicam? I'm trying to work out a solution for mine. I have an old Gossen Lunalite but it chews through 9V batteries and is virtually the same size as my Canon A630. I've been sorely tempted by the Voigtlander VC meter II but it seems pretty expensive for what it is, and the Gossen Digisix seems like a good meter but kind of big for shoe-mounting (IMO - I know a lot of folks use them that way). The less separate stuff I have to carry the better, so the A630 seemed to make sense over the Lunalite as it can take pictures too!

Regards,
Scott

I have used Pentex digital spotmeter, a DLSR, a shoe mounted Gossen Digisix, and the Pocket Light Meter app on my iPhone.

For almost all of my landscape shots I use a Pentax digital spotmeter with the same type of filter on it I have on the camera. You can read the brightest and dimmest spots in the scene and then decide on an exposure. The range on the dial corresponds to the dynamic range of most e6 film. If I had to have only one meter it would be this one.

The DLSR works great with E-6 since the dynamic range is similar. It is the best choice for using a ND grad filter.

I measure my filter with the Pentax digital spotmeter reather than rely on tables. Even filters from the same manufacturer can vary over time.

The Pocket light Meter app works great so long as you have filter factors for the filters you are using. It meters a spot, not the whole scene. You can save your exposure, a picture of the scene, and GPS location info with this as well for later reference.

I have the digisix on a bracket used it for street shots. The flimsy bracket for my Digisix broke, and it needs something stuffed under it to stay in the hot/cold shoe. I will probably get another since it is the easiest meter to use for that. You also need to know the filter factors to use it or any other meter.

The bottom line is any good reliable meter should work so long as you understand it's benefits and limitations.

Lockheed A-12 (SR-71 trainer) Blackbird - GSW690II - Provia 400x
California Science Center
Fuji GSW690II, Fujichroem Provia 400x, UV filter, tripod, NCPS process and scan
84090005xr.gsw690ii.provia400.jpg

©2011 Chris Grossman

I have used Pentex digital spotmeter, a DLSR, a shoe mounted Gossen Digisix, and the Pocket Light Meter app on my iPhone.

For almost all of my landscape shots I use a Pentax digital spotmeter with the same type of filter on it I have on the camera. You can read the brightest and dimmest spots in the scene and then decide on an exposure. The range on the dial corresponds to the dynamic range of most e6 film. If I had to have only one meter it would be this one.

The DLSR works great with E-6 since the dynamic range is similar. It is the best choice for using a ND grad filter.

I measure my filter with the Pentax digital spotmeter reather than rely on tables. Even filters from the same manufacturer can vary over time.

The Pocket light Meter app works great so long as you have filter factors for the filters you are using. It meters a spot, not the whole scene. You can save your exposure, a picture of the scene, and GPS location info with this as well for later reference.

I have the digisix on a bracket used it for street shots. The flimsy bracket for my Digisix broke, and it needs something stuffed under it to stay in the hot/cold shoe. I will probably get another since it is the easiest meter to use for that. You also need to know the filter factors to use it or any other meter.

The bottom line is any good reliable meter should work so long as you understand it's benefits and limitations.

Thanks for the detailed reply! I may have to look at getting a spot meter sometime for difficult scenes.

Scott

White through umbrella to the right of the camera, ambient light from window to the left. Camera was set to the ambient light after F/stop determined with a flash meter:

5984879850_d51cab2447.jpg

Nice shot. I appreciate you posting the details of how you made it. It helps all of us understand the results and incorporate the knowlage into our future shooting.

I have some older images to help populate this thread. I love shooting my fuji GW690 (the clown camera). I now have an old Bessa RF Heliar. Only one roll through so far. It looks like it will see much use.

Rollei retro 80s and Fuji GW690

5484816215_892f254ed6_z.jpg

Very nice shot! The water must have been perfectly flat.

Back