Hong Kong 8th Meeting of the HK Photo Club, 10 Nov

Mr Ho

Well-known
Local time
10:00 PM
Following on the success and fun of our recent Sheung Wan photo shoot, we are planning to reconvene this Saturday, 10 November at 3pm in Wanchai (MTR Exit for Wanchai Computer Centre) to shoot the Wanchai Market.

Post a reply if you plan to come.

You can bring along whatever gear you'd like, but some of us plan to have a 'contest' (Dingo's great idea!) by only bringing one camera, one lens and one roll of B&W film. :D

Adrian (aka Mr Ho)

Last edited:
Mr Ho said:
Following on the success and fun of our recent Sheung Wan photo shoot, we are planning to reconvene this Saturday, 10 November at 3pm in Wanchai (MTR Exit for Wanchai Computer Centre) to shoot the Wanchai Market.

Post a reply if you plan to come.

You can bring along whatever gear you'd like, but some of us plan to have a 'contest' by only bringing one camera, one lens and one roll of B&W film. :D

Adrian (aka Mr Ho)

Yes, it is my idea ! And Louis suggested we use the same type of film as well !
So it is like we are all holding a gun loaded with 6 bullets. :D

count me in, guys.

one roll of the same film, which? .....pls specify so that we can come properly prepared. one lens...and one developer for all??? just a thought...

he

louiskht said:
one roll of the same film, which? .....pls specify so that we can come properly prepared. one lens...and one developer for all??? just a thought...

he

Yes !!! That's what I want ! But Choosing the right film is a tough question, and I am not too familiar with B+W, so any suggestion ?

Would recommend either XP2 or Kodak CN400 - great all-round B&W rated at 400ISO - can push to 800 easily. Both also C41 processes.

I shot with these at the last shoot - one of each plus a roll of Agfa APX100 rated at 400!

Should be able to do what I did last time and drop by for a couple of hours... parental duties call...

We got 5 members now ! And three choices of film... shall we vote ?

BTW, my weapon is the newly swapped CV40/1.4 (you missed it, dryice ? :D ), Mr. Ho will probably use his Zeiss 45/2 on his G2, so is it gonna be a standard lens battle ?

Really want to join! But most likely I will be in Macau for work. And not sure where to enjoy my 40's birthday w/. my family!:D

hahahaha Dingo - hope you're enjoying the new 40/1.4 ... I'll do battle with the stealth G2 and 28 probably.... or roll out the 45/f2... not sure yet. Might even have a 50/1.4 if the GA-1 adapter arrives in time.

My Weapon !

My Weapon !

Hay guys,

Watch out for this, my gun is loaded, and I am serious. :D

So you know my decision, Kodak BW400CN.

The other photo is my first try with the CV40, damn sharp even wide open !

Attachments

• CV40+Bessa T.jpg
    CV40+Bessa T.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Nokton40-1.jpg
    Nokton40-1.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 0
Dingo said:
Hay guys,

Watch out for this, my gun is loaded, and I am serious. :D

So you know my decision, Kodak BW400CN.

The other photo is my first try with the CV40, damn sharp even wide open !

Damn! That's a serious weapon! Okay, we must load up for Saturday!! AO :cool:

Adrian and other friends,

I'm sorry that these 2 rolls of B&W film are the last from my friend and I promised one for Louis. Are they easy to find ? If you can't find one you are 'allowed' to pick others like XP2 or T-max... Just don't bring a roll of color film.

Dingo said:
Adrian and other friends,

I'm sorry that these 2 rolls of B&W film are the last from my friend and I promised one for Louis. Are they easy to find ? If you can't find one you are 'allowed' to pick others like XP2 or T-max... Just don't bring a roll of color film.

I will go look today at lunch. Shouldn't be a problem, I think.

2REP said:
can we pick Neopan? hee hee

As Louis said to me, it will be more meaningful to compare the results if we shoot with the same film, but it is fine as long as it is B&W ! :D

Back