A few photos from a CRYSTAR

Click image for larger version  Name:	8CC0C781-287C-44C8-818F-AB3B654AC3FC.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	237.7 KB ID:	4767132 A very small “toy” camera using 17.5 mm roll film. These are very simple copies of much earlier Japanese subminiature Cameras of the same format but with higher quality adjustable lenses and shutters. ••••until I Shot These today I was Convinced the Crystar was useless as a real camera and only made smudges of light and dark. ••••. Maybe I “cheated” a little since I’ve shot hundreds of images with the high end Micro/Midget/Tone Quality Cameras, so I understand how to hold it and what film to use (Agfa APS 400S). I spool my own slit film with new backing paper. The pink window is covered with electrical tape, I wind “by feel”. The above images unexpanded on a phone are about the print size usually made from the 14x14mm neg (these are iPhone flips of the neg

I think I have an "Arrow" (made in Japan, not the later Hong Kong copy of even lower quality) that's in workable condition. Weirdly it has green viewfinder "glass". I should try to get a few shots out of it.

Several Petri cameras, including my half-frame Petri Compact, have green viewfinder glass. They claim it eliminates eye-fatigue when looking through the viewfinder for a long time.

Back