A little photographic therapy.

SCOTFORTHLAD

Slow learner,but keen!
Local time
3:07 PM
Recent days,even weeks,have been a little uneasy for me.Something of a late 'mid-life' crisis I suspect,undoubtedly due to reaching our 40 years of marriage,and the mixed emotions which this has brought.Elation and pride,together with realisation of the time having slipped away, almost unnoticed.Also you don't realise when you set out along the path,that even after 40 years being head of the family can be hard work.

Today I took a TLR out into the garden in beautiful Spring weather,and took a few shots of buds,blossoms,bark,branches and suchlike.It was such a tonic!!and if by some happy accident,any of the pictures are as memorable,the therapy will be be complete.

Thanks for a grand day.:)

Brian.

One great attribute of The Photographic Experience.
It is such a stress reliever.
And helps us get back on track with the dealings of life.
Or Not !!

Photography can be therapeutic. It has helped me to deal with the loss of my Dad who passed away 3 weeks ago today.

Very nice to hear this Brian. My dad has your age and I am longing to return back in France near my family to enjoy him, I missed my family so much in these five years in Prague... I didn't see the time go by. He goes out alone to take photos sometimes, but I know he would love to enjoy these moments with his son.

Colyn, I'm so sorry to hear this ...

To both of you, hugs from Prague!

Max

Thanks guys,your sentiments are much appreciated!:)

and Colyn,so sorry for your loss--- my best wishes.

Brian.

Congrats on the 40 years. I know the feeling well enough - my 40 come up later this year!! I don't know where the years have gone and I guess the worries over the kids don't get less as time goes on - they might get fewer but they tend to be more dramatic!

I think I see you have your IIIc for sale!
I'm tempted, although I can't imagine when I would use it instead of the IIf, or the Bessa R, or the ......
I hope you get a decent price for it. Some poor guy only got £155 for his IIf + 5cm Elmar this evening on ebay, and he had paid £99 for it in 1955!

Best wishes from 'up the road'.
j

Good to hear from you j,especially as we are breathing the same balmy Welsh air.You are dead right about the kids,and when you throw their life partners and beautiful grandchildren into the mix,it needs unexpected 'management' skills.:confused:

Sorry to see the 111c go,but only because I realise that I'm not under the spell,but I will keep the Canon 50/1.8 to use on the Zorki or Fed,I tried to use good lenses--Takumars,on my Practicas, in my SLR days.

BTW.if the temptation gets too strong,let me know,I'm happy to do a deal to keep the 111c 'at home'.;)

Cheers,
Brian.

Colyn: so sorry to hear of your loss.

My own father goes out every Sunday morning before breakfast with either his 1930's Leica and Elmar or his Reid and Taylor Taylor Hobson lens and has two or three hours when he might make a photo or might not. It's his time of the week and has been so for as long as I remember.

Back