A note about "inaccurate" frame lines on the X Pro 1: and an easy fix.

nickw

Established
Local time
12:32 AM
UPDATE:
I was wrong about this. I just did a test and set them to 75mm, and they didn't move. I thought I found an easy fix and jumped the gun to share. Sorry about the confusion.

I've seen some people complain about the inaccurate frame lines (the actual image taken is a bit outside of them).
I noticed this too, and then the simple and logical fix occurred to me.

The 35mm brings up the 50mm frame lines. The only problem is the lens is actually a 52.5mm equivalent. And because the frame lines are a digital overlay you can change them. So I've set them to 53mm, and they're much closer. They still shoot a little over, but I don't mind a little buffer room. I suspect if you changed them to 55 or so, they would be bang on.
Just thought I'd share, as its an easy way to pick what you want, and logical fix.

Happy shooting,
Nick

Sounds like those of us who shoot Leica M should be right at home with this camera (as in "which frameline is best with a 40mm--the 35, or the 50?"). Also reminds me of "My M6 framelines don't take in as much as the lens sees; never noticed this with my M2."

Just like old times! Think I'll get one!

Brilliant idea - I haven't looked into the menus enough to figure that out but that's awesome - will give it a try :)

Thanks for that !!

Dave

so how did you set them to 53? I went through the menus and changed 50 to 53 while I had the 50mm lens on, but the framelines didnt change.

Can you set the adjusted framelines as default, or do you need to dive into the menu every time you change lenses?

Back