Local time
9:33 PM
Our-Fragments-003.jpg

London-Satchwell-Road.jpg

Our-Fragments-005.jpg

Our-Fragments-006.jpg

Our-Fragments-Passing-Through-Yesterday-001.jpg

Our-Fragments-Passing-Through-Yesterday-003.jpg

I like them all. Not sure if they are all working together as a series but you have some wonderful images in this collection. I really like #1 a lot but I like them all. In # 1 I really like the tension created by the wavy line in the surf and the kids right at the line and the more graceful sweeping line formed by the tire tracks leading to the lady in white. Both of the motion shots work really well slaps.

Nice set - my favourites are the first, fourth (the dog in the window) and the last.

Thank you sir.

I like them all. Not sure if they are all working together as a series but you have some wonderful images in this collection. I really like #1 a lot but I like them all. In # 1 I really like the tension created by the wavy line in the surf and the kids right at the line and the more graceful sweeping line formed by the tire tracks leading to the lady in white. Both of the motion shots work really well slaps.

Very true, they're quite random, they were meant to be paired (1-2, 3-4, 5-6) but I didn't make that very obvious at all.

Glad you liked #1 too, this is my favourite image. Weird because I think you need to see it big to appreciate the details. The kids building a sand castle right at the waters edge, and the waves melting it to nothing again! Whilst mum sits and reads her book, carefree. I have it at 20" because it makes me laugh :)

Thank you, those two were my favourites as well. I am currently painting the last one, but have a nice large print of the first. Do you feel these are bourgeois? They weren't intended to be class driven.

Haha, no offense, but with bourgeois I referred to another thread here: "Sharpness is a bourgeois concept"

Really, they're great shots!

Don't worry, you didn't offend me, I was only interested in what you meant :). Silly me, to forget a classic HCB quote, eh! I fully understand what you mean now. For many years, I have been against exacting sharpness and (physical) detail. It does not interest me. I use older lenses and like grain, plus, my technique is often sloppy ;)

Back