A Super short Review of the Contax T Rangefinder

I had my black Contax T serviced and got good results with it,
but I prefer lighter cameras (plastic) for everyday pocket use.

Later I sold it along with my other expensive electronic model film cameras
when I realized they would be unsustainable/unrepairable into the future.

Chris

Chris

I was originally worried about the T's reliability and future worth as a working tool. Forgot about it a few years back. Still shoot the T almost daily

Chris

I totally get that realization of sustainability or lack thereof. But I've been using with mine along with other small point and shoots, and the lens on the T is exceptional, and I like the design and compactness of the camera.

165614073.Ovk5MHrM.JacobEdison.jpg

I decided to "cash out" while it was still working and the value was high. No regrets.

Yes it's got a cracker of a lens. It's compact but fairly heavy even without the flash.
I have a dozen pocket cameras I'm far more likely to carry as they are lighter in weight.

I own Petri Color 35 and Kodak Retina IIa cameras, also too heavy to carry for daily use.

Chris

I solved the maintenance concern by acquiring three of them. Nothing lasts forever in this mortal coil, but this is a good approximation. :)

i love my contax T, but recently when i bring it out after keeping it for a long time. there seems to be some issue with the battery life.
I loaded a brand new battery , but seems like the battery got drain off within half a day.

i am hoping someone can tell me that this is something that can be fixed or that i am just missing something obvious.

Back