A7II auto sensor clean?

twopointeight

Well-known
Local time
7:11 PM
When I turn off the A7II sometimes, not always, it appears to be sensor cleaning for a few seconds before shutting down. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

When I turn off the A7II sometimes, not always, it appears to be sensor cleaning for a few seconds before shutting down. Is that the way it's supposed to work?

I've only used the A7ii for a few weeks, but I've never noticed it behaving in the manner that you describe, and I'm not aware of it having an "auto sensor clean" function. The sensor cleaning function is, AFAIK, only available from within the menus.

Is the camera shaking noticeably? You say that it "appears to be sensor cleaning", but the cleaning action is quite a violent shake (almost alarming when first experienced :eek:), so I don't think that you'd be in any doubt, if it were cleaning.

My A7S does a cleaning cycle when you turn it off every now and then. It sounds like the A7II is doing the same thing. So I would say it is normal and nothing to worry about. There is a menu item for it in the last category, looks like a trunk/suitcase, submenu 3, but I can’t see at what intervals it does it. Blue moon, maybe?

Yes, like that, "every now and then". It's a shake that is similar to the one when I choose the menu item to sensor clean. I'm mainly a Fuji user, this is just an experimental foray into Sonyland, so unfamiliar. Thanks for your responses.

Back