Abandoned : Digital Infrared with the Leica M8

nikonosguy

Well-known
Local time
6:35 PM
I went for a weekend trip and shot the m8 with a 28mm cv 2.0, taking advantage of weak ir filter

here's the technique: get a 720nm ir filter, set your white balance to the grass, use the Kolarivision action to swap the red and blue channels in post (easiest done with this action), the adjust levels... i've got my post set as an action...

Nice, Blake!

The IR is different wavelength and as a result the focus is different. For the brief period I had an M8, I tried this once with a regular red filter and it worked nicely. I bracketed focus and got lucky with a few shots where focus was spot on. But, cannot find the images on the hard drive just now...

here's the technique: get a 720nm ir filter, set your white balance to the grass, use the Kolarivision action to swap the red and blue channels in post (easiest done with this action), the adjust levels... i've got my post set as an action...

First time I could see description on the Internet for how to get it right!
I hope I will find out how todo red and blue swapping in LR.

First, I ordered weaker IR filter (590nm ) and it acts like red filter, I will keep it for bw film.
I just ordered 720 nm filter:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/39mm-720nm-...cal-Grade-Filter-for-Camera-Lens/141326198152

Zomei sells sets of five infrared filters - 680, 720, 760, 850, 950 nm for about $100. Pricing varies and sometime the same item is listed twice at two different prices. Caveat emptor.
Has anybody had any experience with these filters?

Back