ACR Profile to make RAW files more "film" like.

Swift1

Mentor
Local time
5:34 PM
First off, I hope it's okay to post this here...

Now I know that film is film isn't digital and digital isn't film, and I have no wish to debate film vs digital. This won't be everyone's cup of tea, but maybe some of you might find it interesting.

The other day, after reading Huss' thread on the new Fuji ColorNeg jpeg profiles, and because I was somewhat bored, I fell down the rabbit hole of attempting to create an Adobe Camera Raw profile that would make digital RAW files and give them a more film look.
I don't think that I succeeded in making digital images look like film, but I feel that I got closer.
Here's a photo I shot with my Pentax K10D. I took the original RAW file and processed it with the basic ACR Adobe Color profile, then reprocessed the original RAW using the profile I made over the last few days.

Here's the ACR version,
rfN_sjS0Sn-6889oSOF_vKIP9uS0neOvFXNI-Qt9yg4VfmMEv1_TFfwlQRZ-v9N1uWZk5JDy0x2mfm5kTwud3UVnqmjjYtKfAG1xbMzCdHSyquRN4s9ZSJwtsz96DR6V-ZilrNFnpHI=w1000-h669-no

and here's my profile version,
JEb11T0ftnKtEgBB0aPYzh0TW-UeR9s6wsmIdB06WH40SCGloIJwyKQjZey6EL9ykf5zh06_7Nsrpjz4s7QUt5rNvBpeAZZSb987sqMvdWdDKM3A0JOMWU36PzVD-aVI7Qznc2nI7_4=w1000-h669-no

Obviously, the profile will have different looks depending on different cameras and different sensors, but I played around with RAW files from 8 different cameras/sensors and the results were fairly similar with some slight tweaks to white balance and exposure in ACR
I'm happy to share the profile with anyone interested.

Looks like daylight wb was applied and shadows bumped. And it doesn't gave film look, IMO.

Back