Adapter for 24tse Nikkor to X body?

x-ray

Mentor
Local time
9:08 AM
A week ago I purchased a new in the box US import X-T3 body at a huge discount and started selling my D800 and lenses. I finally retired after 55 years of commercial photography and decided to buy another Fuji body for fun and travel. I have an X-E1 that I’ve had since they were introduced and wanted a newer body and plan to get my old body converted to IR.

One of the features of the X-T3 is it’s ability to do panoramic images by stitching in camera. I owned a Seitz Roundshot panoramic camera several years ago and the one thing that would have been a big help would have been rise and fall on the lens.

I have a Nikkor 24 TSE tilt shift lens that I’d like to use on my new body for some rise to eliminate the excessive foreground. I have two Nikkor to X adapters one of which is just a straight adapter and the other has a mechanical aperture actuator. The problem is the 24 TSE has an electronically controlled aperture. There are no mechanical connections to actuate the aperture like F lenses. I think even the D and G lenses have aperture pins. May be wrong on the G lenses, too lazy to look.

Anyway a friend has an adapter to use his Canon eos lenses on his Sony and retain full function. Is there an adapter to use my TSE on my Fuji X-T3 and the two talk to each other so I can use the aperture. There is an aperture ring on the lens but I need electrical communication between the lens and Fuji to make things work. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

I found an answer to my question but unfortunately it’s not a cheap solution. There’s the Finger NF-FX adapter for $350. And unfortunately the 24 TSE has not been tested and not all E series lenses work properly.

Given that it’s cheaper to buy a shift adapter for my older Nikkors or a used 28 Nikkor shift lens.

Following up on this I wound up purchasing the Fringer Nikon to Fuji adapter. I wound up selling my Nikkor 16-35 G but kept my bodies and several E and G lenses. I primarily wanted to use my 24 TSE and 70-200 f2.8 G VRII lenses.

I’m really pleased to report my lenses work perfectly on my XT-3. I’ve not tested them on the XE-1 but feel they’ll work just fine with some limitations on focus points.

Shooting with my 24-70 f2.8, 70-200 f2.8 and the 24TSE all fictions match pretty well with the performance of those lenses on my Nikon D800 and Df bodies. Focus is as fast as on the native bodies and very positive with no hunting. The focus lock on quickly and images are tack sharp even under very low light.

I even tried the adapter on some cheaper G lenses for DX sensors and had the same excellent results.

$350 is a bit of a bite but it enables me to continue using several fantastic Nikkor lenses on my XT-3 with the same function and results as a native Fuji lens. I don’t feel there’s any compromise in using this adapter.

I just bought an X-T30 II and am planning to get the Fringer adapter soon. I'm glad to hear that it's working well for you. I've got a cheap $12 chinese adapter for my old Minolta MD mount lenses.

Back