Adapters for Z mount

farlymac

PF McFarland
Local time
11:36 AM
After a bad experience with a too tight Fotasy adapter (Leica M-to-Nikon Z) are there any particular adapters you can recommend? I have a couple of K&F Concept ones coming, as I like the ones I already have for my film cameras. I want to get a lot of use out of my Z5, and not leave the film lenses behind.

PF

I realize that this is old thread, but I ended up with a Yeenon M to Z adapter with helicoid and while I haven’t played with it too much so far it seems pretty good (not too tight).

I realize that this is old thread, but I ended up with a Yeenon M to Z adapter with helicoid and while I haven’t played with it too much so far it seems pretty good (not too tight).

The M and LTM adapters from K&F Concepts work fine, now I just have to think about a close-focus adapter for M to Z. I have an offer on a Shoten, and was wondering if anyone has experience with them. It's a bit pricey so I'd hate to get one only to have to return it for quality issues like I had with the Fotasy.

PF

In some cases the Fotasy and Fotodiox are identical adapters. I know the L39 to Fuji FX adapters are the same, just a different badging.

Most Chinese made adapters are a gamble, also the “branded” K&F, URTH, Fotodiox etc.

I have been lucky with my Z adapters.

I bought an URTH/GLOBE Leica M to Z adapter which turned out to be a good fit, and then I just buy the cheapest adapters to fit the chosen mount to Leica M - which seems to be the most competitive target mount, thus many choices at good prices - if a poor fit, I buy another with no regret.
The alternative is to buy Novoflex or Rayqual etc. and frankly, I am too cheap for that.

I have a fotasy for LTM and a Yeenon M to Z adapter with close-focus capability. Both work well, with a snug fit.

Techart-02 is $350. Fotodiox M to Z fits nicely. Sorry to read above Prime Nikon S have quality issues. My FTZ for nikon lenses is also same quality.

In case my ID is unfamiliar, I had to change from ph. to ph..,but I remain the same person.

When I changed from C5d & MFT to NZ7 I decided to aquire a K&M z to canon EF adapter so that all the ancient optics I used on my former cameras could still be used on the Nikon.

No problems with double adapters, but i had to l be careful to get slim enough adapter with wide angles (a Zeiss 18mm springs to mind in this connection ) I would need narrower adapters for my LM optics and use Novoflex ones which always have exactly the right dimensions (and the Memmingen people also provided an adapter for their ancient eqipment such as the Pigriff to use it on N7. Most impressive)-

p.

To supplement my previous post I should mention that despite the unpredictable movements of the focussing point of the Nikon Z-7, the 100%viewfinder enlargement option provides excellent support for focussing even with very small apertures.

p.

Back