Other/Uncategorized Any books on Leica copies?

Other Screw mount bodies/lenses

healyzh

Well-known
Local time
10:05 PM
What books exist on Leica copies? I'm currently awaiting delivery of "Canon Rangefinder Cameras 1933-68".

It looks like I now have a couple books to keep an eye out for. Both look like ones I want in my library, especially the one on Leica copies. Now to find affordable copies!

I found this website that has PDF version of Leica Copies by HPR. I have not signed up for an account, so have no idea what it involves, but may be worth checking out if you dont wanna pay $125 for a used book. This is kind of an odd website, identical version of this web page show up under a bunch of different addresses.

https://download.truyenyy.com/leica_copies_by_hpr_stompy.pdf

Last edited:
I found this website that has PDF version of Leica Copies by HPR. I have not signed up for an account, so have no idea what it involves, but may be worth checking out if you dont wanna pay $125 for a used book. This is kind of an odd website, identical version of this web page show up under a bunch of different addresses.

https://download.truyenyy.com/leica_copies_by_hpr_stompy.pdf

WARNING WILL ROBINSON: many download camera sites install malware on your computer - research ANY site well before making the gamble with a download

Cameraquest, I was wondering if these sites were legit. I am aware of scams with all sorts of sites, but had never seen one associated with books. I guess I need to get out more.

The "Canon Rangefinder Cameras 1933-68" book is proving to be most interesting, though I've had very little time so far to read it. Finding affordable copies of "Leica Copies by HPR" and "300 Leica Copies" is going to be "fun", but I think worth the effort. Given the current prices on "The Authentic Guide to Russian and Soviet Cameras", I think I'll have to get lucky to add that to my Library (in part because it's less of a priority, since the other two books should cover some of this).

Back