Any here use their new $90 Bessa L?

Huss

Mentor
Local time
2:59 AM
Hey, my 'as is because discontiued item' may have issues..

Anyone else use their's yet? First thing that happened is the shutter stuck on the first shot (dry firing) attempt. It has been cocked already (for all these years?..) and acted like it was making a time exposure. Of course it wasn't as it doesnt do that. It then freed up by itself, and seems fine now as I cannot replicate. Guess years of not being used..

But here is a potentially more serious issue. I had to load/reload the film three times because the first two times after I shot a couple of snaps I could feel the film slipping and then grabbing as I wound the lever. Like there is a film transport issue. Anyone else experience any anomalies with these 'new' cameras?
Maybe this is why they are selling them 'As is'?

Hmm, will see how this plays out. "A bargain is only a bargain if it remains a bargain.."

(I started a new thread as peeps seem to not be looking at the old one)

Odd, maybe it was a batch of returns forgotten in storage.

Hope it smooths out for you and you maintain the bargain!

Hmm, seems ok now. Taken 8 shots with the third loading attempt and everything is smooth and advancing nicely. I wonder if I had issues because the film in it expired in 200-something, and so it is not as flexible as it might be..

This is a neat camera, I have it paired with the CV 25 Snapshot Skopar and CV 25mm finder.

Hey, my 'as is because discontiued item' may have issues..

Anyone else use their's yet? First thing that happened is the shutter stuck on the first shot (dry firing) attempt. It has been cocked already (for all these years?..) and acted like it was making a time exposure. Of course it wasn't as it doesnt do that. It then freed up by itself, and seems fine now as I cannot replicate. Guess years of not being used..

But here is a potentially more serious issue. I had to load/reload the film three times because the first two times after I shot a couple of snaps I could feel the film slipping and then grabbing as I wound the lever. Like there is a film transport issue. Anyone else experience any anomalies with these 'new' cameras?
Maybe this is why they are selling them 'As is'?

Hmm, will see how this plays out. "A bargain is only a bargain if it remains a bargain.."

(I started a new thread as peeps seem to not be looking at the old one)

Haven't put film through it yet but shutter and meter seem fine. Can't say anything about film advance though. Was planning for the same combo with the 25mm Snapshot skopar and OVF.

Shawn

Haven't put film through it yet but shutter and meter seem fine. Can't say anything about film advance though. Was planning for the same combo with the 25mm Snapshot skopar and OVF.

Shawn

Seems ok now. I think it was because my film was old and crispy.. Shutter did stick open on the very first shot and it was delivered cocked.

Huss,

Nice! Be sure to let them know if it fits they can add the L to their list lol.

Nice kitty too!

Ha Ha They make a buttergrip for the Minolta SRT!! Just ordered one in Black.

My wife could not handle 35mm SLR film photography, but she loved her Bessa-L :)
That she could use. As intuitive as a Kodak Instamatic.

Huss,

Nice! Be sure to let them know if it fits they can add the L to their list lol.

Nice kitty too!

The dood emailed me and said he was editing the description so it includes the L model, as they fit the same.

The L has to be as close to a LTM instamatic as is possible!

Huss, your having to much fun out in that west coast sun buddy!

The Bessa L can do time exposures

The Bessa L can do time exposures

Dear Huss,

I read a review somewhere on the web today that said "T" exposures are possible with the Bessa L. Apparently if the shutter dial is set to "B" and you attempt to fire the shutter while pressing forward on the film advance lever it makes a "T" exposure. See the end of the review where the specs are provided.

https://cameraquest.com/voigtbl.htm

Regards,

Tim Murphy

Harrisburg, PA :)

Dear Tim

:)

Unfortunately the camera was set to 1/125.
But it was a one time occurence, and I have since run through the gamut of speeds numerous times and all 'seems' well. I'll see when I get my film back.

Best regards
Huss

Any here use their new $90 Bessa L?

Some caveats for all you new Bessa-L owners.

(1) Be careful winding when you reach exposure number 36. If you try to squeeze an extra frame from a roll the advance lever will usually get stuck mid-wind at about 36 and 1/2. The lever will not go forward or back and will be stuck out from the body. The meter will also be activated if shutter is depressed (wasting battery) until the lever is retracted.
In that case, press the rewind button at the bottom and wind back your film into canister.
After rewinding completely, finish winding the lever and dry-fire the shutter.

(2) Rewinding film back into canister can be super-tight and difficult as you roll the last 10 frames in. Be gentle but firm with the rewind lever so you do not break it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update - my camera is broken. It will not advance film. On the first roll, after numerous what i thought was loading issues, it ceased to advance the film after the 22nd exposure on a 36exp roll.
I rewound the film, then checked the mechanism. With the back open and no film in it I could see that the sprocket attached to the film lever, and the gear to its immediate left rotate correctly. When I put slight pressure on the film lever sprocket, it slips and does not rotate/advance. Which is why when I put film in it it no longer advances the film as increased pressure causes it to slip. (and no, the film rewind button was not pushed in)
Filled out the return form on Amazon, will ship it back on Monday. Bummer. Thought something was up though when I received this 'new' camera with the shutter already cocked.

p.s. Hey Valdas, good thing you didn't buy it from me!!!!
:)

Back