Illinois Any interest in a Chicago-area RF coffee/lies group?

Ken Ford

Refuses to suffer fools
Local time
5:52 AM
I'm noticing a fair number of RF shooters on the various forums that live in the greater Chicago area. Is anyone up for a monthly morning social get-together on the weekend? Drink some coffee, show off pics and gear, tell some lies...

Any interest?

I am.. I know there are a few Chicago folks here. I also know some of the sales ppl at Central Camera are quite Leicaphiles.. I wonder if they're members here, or would like to participate in such event.

I'm thinking something loose and informal, maybe on a monthly schedule. Please, pass the word and let's see if we can get up enough interest for a first get-together!

How about near West? There's a Borders with cafe in Oak Brook, which is just off 294 and 88.

i live closer to the city (skokie) so that is kind of a hike for me, however i cant really think of one that would make more sense, theres a b&n at old orchard mall and i think there is a borders at 94 and willow. Those are the ones closest to me. Maybe we could meet in the city down by helix? theres a really good breakfast place down there. like 3 blocks from helix. We could meet and then stock up on supplies the same day.

I'm open to Helix - but the reason I was suggesting a bookstore is because of, well - the books. Lots of photo books to spark discussion.

There's no reason the GTG can't move around the area, either!

I'm planning on going down to the loop Saturday morning to get some eats at Berghoff's and take some pics inside before it closes for good on Tuesday.

Lou Mitchell's? Tell me more.

I agree, we need to get a date set and start agitating. I'm thinking late March - things should start warming up by then, we can get more people interested, and my M6 should be back from DAG. :)

How about the morning of Saturday, March 25th, time and place TBD?

March 25 is perfect for me too!

I like the idea of Lou Mitchell's and downtown instead of any other location. I'd take the train from our newly open station at Elburn and make it to Ogilvy in something like 1 1/2 hours.

We could convene in an eating place (beware! The lines at Lou Mitchells are huge!) and then stroll to Central Camera! :) The place is really abuzz on Saturdays!

How about the Millenium Park café?

Thanks a lot for starting this one, Ken!

Where's Don Sorsa? He's a great Bessa + Wide Angle shooter. You can probably find his pics of bikers in downtown in the gallery (provided he hasn't deleted them!).

March 25 might be bad for me as I might be in the process of moving that weekend. Oh well, majority rules.. you guys do whatever and I'll just meet up next time.

Depending on how many show up, we could sit at the counter a lou's which always has open spots or if we go later around 1030 the lines arnt as bad, however march 25 ill be in NYC so i cant attend...

Back