Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes, went from a u4/3 to a NEX

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters

ampguy

Mentor
Local time
6:34 PM
or the other way around? specifically, when using Leica M-mount lens with adapters, not based on usage of the included AF kit lens ?

I loved my EP1. I actually got pretty good results using Leica glass and the kit lens. But, I moved to the NEX5. I don't regret it at all. The DR is better, the high ISO are better, etc... I like the LCD for waist level shooting, etc... The 1.5x crop factor is still nicer than 2.0x (not quite a M8). It is also a bit smaller than the EP1, lighter... On the other hand, I miss the IS with legacy glass, the build quality was better on the EP1, the user interface was somewhat more intuitive (although the next NEX firmware should fix these issues). Other than that, both camera are very good and have very similar offerings !

I'm still lovin my E-P2 if only for the EVF(I really despise trying to focus using the rear LCD).

I'm really looking forward to some more info and hopefully sample shots with the arrival of the u4/3 25mm f/.95.

It's tempting but the EVF on the E-P2 and it's other advantges keeps me from pulling the trigger. IQ of the NEX series, however, is better with legacy wide angles than either the Oly or Pany.

what I hear

what I hear

Is that LTM/M-mount 28's are fine on the NEX, but wider like 21/15 may have corner issues due to the close flange to sensor.

However, I haven't seen a lot of say CV 15/21 images on a NEX to see how bad it really is.

I have seen badness at all levels on u4/3, wider than say 35mm or 40mm with MF LTM/M-lenses.

It's tempting but the EVF on the E-P2 and it's other advantges keeps me from pulling the trigger. IQ of the NEX series, however, is better with legacy wide angles than either the Oly or Pany.

or the other way around? specifically, when using Leica M-mount lens with adapters, not based on usage of the included AF kit lens ?

I had Olympus EP-1 for a year. Nice camera, but i got fed up with problems with classical wideangles and lousy high ISO performance.

Traded it to Sony NEX-3. Now I am much more content, the wa-lenses operate much better and the noise (or lack of it) behavior is phenomenal. In a tight spot you can really press it up to ISO 3200 and still get rather decent pictures.

Tikkis

. . . . . very happy with the GF1 and from the feedback seen so far the GH2 appears to be a successful release. With the new lenses being releases in addition to the Leica, Zeiss, and countless other adaptor options see no reason to move to NEX.

Do hope they put the GH2 guts into a form factor like the GF1 in the future.

Perhaps another 2 lines on the poll could be happy with X and plan not to change.

Life is Grand!

Dan

thanks for reviving this thread. thom hogan has a jan 2011 update on the nex, he rates it highly, at least for IQ.

update on my post above, wides work great, cv 15, 21, kit 16/2.8, 28 and longer are buttah ...

I have no doubt that one can generate a mu with a computer, but it is not found on a key, while a "u" is. In other words, using a u is easier, and gets the point across.

so, I guess that someone referring to their "u4/3 lense" would really drive you crazy:D O, and emoticons prolly have the same affect

http://www.dpreview.com/news/1107/11071310leicaMILC.asp

Leica's CEO is reported to have confirmed the company will introduce a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera system. The British Journal of Photography (BJP) quotes Alfred Schopf as saying: "It's more than an idea. You will see something at the next Photokina [trade show]." He also told them that it will use an: "APS-C sized sensor at least." The move would see the German company (which already makes the fixed-lens APS-C-sensor X1 model, pictured) join Panasonic, Olympus, Sony and Samsung in the large-sensor mirrorless market - the fastest growing camera segment in most countries. (From BJP)

Back